newbee needs help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• newbee needs help

hello my first post! I have a question (sorry) I want a surf have done for a while now i have some funds, £2000 max! i was wondering if you can tell me what my chances are of getting a nice surf for that kind of monie? i live just inside cornwall (near plymouth) and there does not seem to be many surfs in my budget around here has anyone else from down my way found this problem? any surggestions for place to look. have looked on your for sale site and most are to much £!!! or quite far away and i dont fancy travling a long way to come back empty handed. i would appreate any advice given. sorry about spelling errors!!

thanks Michael
    it never rain it pours! glad I got the 4X4

isn't there one in the for sale section for 1500 quid?
    it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Yep. Danno's got an 89 manual with the head done for sale. There's Windy Breeches' one there as well - I'd imagine he's looking for offers now he's in Oz.....

£2k is reasonable 2.4 (with the head done) territory so shouldn't be too hard. No doubt Stormforce will pop in at some point with a thorough list of all known surfs for sale in Cornwall. I don't know how he does that.

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho
        No doubt Stormforce will pop in at some point with a thorough list of all known surfs for sale in Cornwall. I don't know how he does that.
        Cornwall is just one big happy (and faintly worrying) family.....

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
          Cornwall is just one big happy (and faintly worrying) family.....

Thats how they've got extra fingers and toes.

Comment

Originally posted by drunkmonkeyboy
            hello my first post! I have a question (sorry) I want a surf have done for a while now i have some funds, £2000 max! i was wondering if you can tell me what my chances are of getting a nice surf for that kind of monie? i live just inside cornwall (near plymouth) and there does not seem to be many surfs in my budget around here has anyone else from down my way found this problem? any surggestions for place to look. have looked on your for sale site and most are to much £!!! or quite far away and i dont fancy travling a long way to come back empty handed. i would appreate any advice given. sorry about spelling errors!!

thanks Michael

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...ad.php?t=26838

Comment

hi and thanks for all the replys. i have seen dannos surf it looks good but with no tax getting it home might be a problem! will look into it and make some enqiries!

as for the extra fingers and toes my family are from manchester so no extras for me! could do with some spairs!

Comment

hi and thanks for all the replys. i have seen dannos surf it looks good but with no tax getting it home might be a problem! will look into it and make some enqiries!

as for the extra fingers and toes my family are from manchester so no extras for me! could do with some spairs!
                hi and welcome.The Duke on here was thinking of selling his 2.4 not sure if he still is but i will try to ring him later to find out and let you know later,we're both in Camborne
                https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Jump on the train, come and have a look at it. If you like it. Give me a deposit and then insure it. Come collect and I'll run you down the post office with your new insurance cert, MOT and BINGO, Taxed!

I NEED TO OFFROAD!

Comment

i have just spoken to (Rudi)The Duke and if you pm or email me i will give you his tel.no so you can give him a call if you want,he is after about 2k for it

Comment

thanks guys your all real helpful. going to look at one in plymouth tomorrow. so might be ok if not then i will be back on here to check out you guys!! thanks again

Comment

thanks guys your all real helpful. going to look at one in plymouth tomorrow. so might be ok if not then i will be back on here to check out you guys!! thanks again

good luck with it

Comment

Difficult I know but try not to buy the 1st one you look at, well at least not before looking at another one to compare the two. There are plenty out there, I wish I'd taken a bit more time before jumping in, the car's great just don't think I got the best deal & although bought from a so called dealer/importer abosolutely no support or intention of putting right a few niggly things.

Alan...

Comment

thanks for the advice. i know what you mean i am going looking to see whats out there i have been doing my resurch on here and talking to friends who have surfs so i think i feel quite good at looking at it with a cautious eye.

Comment

thanks for the advice. i know what you mean i am going looking to see whats out there i have been doing my resurch on here and talking to friends who have surfs so i think i feel quite good at looking at it with a cautious eye.
                              just one bit of advice...if they say they have had the head done just make sure you get paperwork to prove it

Comment

Working...
                              X