black smoke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• black smoke

Hi every body, can anyone tell me how to rid the dreaded black smoke. My garage door is covered, and it's a pain in the a$$e to get off. It has a stainless steel exhaust . Do you think this has anything to do with it. Cheers.

Originally posted by gaffer39
    Hi every body, can anyone tell me how to rid the dreaded black smoke. My garage door is covered, and it's a pain in the a$$e to get off. It has a stainless steel exhaust . Do you think this has anything to do with it. Cheers.
    try using some redex to give the fuel system a good clean thru and do the egr mod that may help aswell
    http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...hlight=egr+mod take a look here to see what to do
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

exhaust being stainless steel won't make any difference. have you done the egr mod?
      i swear, it was like that when i got here...

Comment

Originally posted by logey79
        exhaust being stainless steel won't make any difference. have you done the egr mod?

Tried egr with the ballbearing and have been using redex but no change.

Comment

try cleaning the turbo to throttle housing pipe thing, there sometimes is a build up of oil in here due to the rocker breather pipe depositing vapour over a long period of time. do this anyway, then put an oil catch can/seperator can in-line on the this breather to stop this in the future.

are you losing/burning oil?
          i swear, it was like that when i got here...

Comment

park so the exhaust isn't facing the garage door.
            nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Add a bottle of 40 into the fuel tank twice a year, no more dirty injectors and no more MOT failures due to smoke. 40 aint cheap but dont waste yer money with any other cheapo cleaners FFS it's only every 6 months innit.

Comment

When did you last change your air and fuel filters?

Comment

Nowt wrong with a bit of black ,smoke it keeps the tailgaters at bay. Much better than white smoke mate, far too expensive Try changing the filters ,or dont close the garage door

Spoggle

Comment

Originally posted by gaffer39

All diesels will leave black splodges (technical term) if the tailpipe is aimed at something from a few inches away, no matter how 'clean' the fuel system is.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                      All diesels will leave black splodges (technical term) if the tailpipe is aimed at something from a few inches away, no matter how 'clean' the fuel system is.
                      This is spot on. If thats all it is and youre not belching out black smoke mile after mile it is not a problem, it is normal.

Park outside, that will cure it

Bogus
                      Сви можемо

Comment

Working...
                      X