How lucky can you get?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How lucky can you get?

Well, just procured my first Surf off ebay last Thursday. A maroon/grey 3.0L SSRX in lovely condition with 76k on the clock. Drove her back from Barnsley to Perth without a hitch (apart from the fuel gauge which has a mind of its own). Spent the weekend playing & polishing, back to work Monday. Tuesday, driving up A9 north of Dunkeld, I pass a large lorry going in the opposite direction which decides to deposit part of its load on my windscreen (ooooh errrr Mrs!). Report the sorry situation to Norwich Union (only had the policy for 4 days) & wait for RAC Autoglass to get in contact. 'That'll be an import' says the man from Autoglass. 'we'll need to come & have a look first'. Back at my place, the Autoglass man comes out & says 'Ah, that one. We'll need to order the glass, should only be a couple of days'. He phoned back today to tell me that the trim had arrived, but no glass, should be sometime next week!

It can only get better, I hope.

As Freddy Star said, 'I'm so lucky, if I fell into a barrel of nipples, I'd come out sucking my thumb'.

Next time they say "that'll be an import" say "and it'll have the same windscreen as a 4runner d1ckhead". Always works for me, they don't seem to turn up as fast as they used to though.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Fraser
      Well, just procured my first Surf off ebay last Thursday. A maroon/grey 3.0L SSRX in lovely condition with 76k on the clock. Drove her back from Barnsley to Perth without a hitch (apart from the fuel gauge which has a mind of its own). Spent the weekend playing & polishing, back to work Monday. Tuesday, driving up A9 north of Dunkeld, I pass a large lorry going in the opposite direction which decides to deposit part of its load on my windscreen (ooooh errrr Mrs!). Report the sorry situation to Norwich Union (only had the policy for 4 days) & wait for RAC Autoglass to get in contact. 'That'll be an import' says the man from Autoglass. 'we'll need to come & have a look first'. Back at my place, the Autoglass man comes out & says 'Ah, that one. We'll need to order the glass, should only be a couple of days'. He phoned back today to tell me that the trim had arrived, but no glass, should be sometime next week!

It can only get better, I hope.

As Freddy Star said, 'I'm so lucky, if I fell into a barrel of nipples, I'd come out sucking my thumb'.
      I have a problem with my fuel gauge as well............It goes from full to empty twice as fast as I would like it.......The only cure I have found is to call into the local filling station, put a nozzle into this hole and hey presto 3 Min's and £40 worse off, fuel gauge back to full

Comment

Insurance / AA / RAC only want to know Ford, tell the muppet you can get the glass from Toyo next day and they can pay!

My glass man can supply and fit max 24 hours to anything from an earth mover to a friggin scooter dirto cheapo, take it local and stay away from any company with flashy vans.

Comment

Originally posted by peter026
          I have a problem with my fuel gauge as well............It goes from full to empty twice as fast as I would like it.......The only cure I have found is to call into the local filling station, put a nozzle into this hole and hey presto 3 Min's and £40 worse off, fuel gauge back to full

You can fill your tank for £40!?

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
            You can fill your tank for £40!?
            That nothing, we fill Linda's truck for £30 every time.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Unfortunatly, Norwich will only let me use Autoglass otherwise I would use somebody local. With regard to the fuel guage, mine only goes half way up even when overflowing then drops like a stone after about 10 miles. I've spent the rest of the week driving on empty Not sure how anyone can fill a 3.0L for £40.00, mine needs at least £50.00, I've never had it proper empty yet to find out how much it takes, dread to think!

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Fraser
                Unfortunatly, Norwich will only let me use Autoglass otherwise I would use somebody local. With regard to the fuel guage, mine only goes half way up even when overflowing then drops like a stone after about 10 miles. I've spent the rest of the week driving on empty Not sure how anyone can fill a 3.0L for £40.00, mine needs at least £50.00, I've never had it proper empty yet to find out how much it takes, dread to think!

The Surf fuel tank holds 65 litres, for future reference.

Comment

The Surf fuel tank holds 65 litres, for future reference.

But not for very long, eh Vince

Spoggle

Comment

Originally posted by Spoggle
                    But not for very long, eh Vince

Spoggle

I can make that last six weeks!

Comment

I can make that last six weeks!
                      You freewheel everywhere Vince? It only lasts me six day's, if I'm lucky! Mind I do use here (the truck not the wife) everyday for work,taking the kids out , taking the one who must be obeyed shopping and generally trying to escape to the hills

Spoggle

Comment

You freewheel everywhere Vince? It only lasts me six day's, if I'm lucky! Mind I do use here (the truck not the wife) everyday for work,taking the kids out , taking the one who must be obeyed shopping and generally trying to escape to the hills

Spoggle

hehehe!! thought that would get yopur attention!

The Surf is our second vehicle, so it doesn't get used everyday, we use our diesel Clio for running around in (60mpg) and the missus to work, (4 miles away)
                        This week I've been using the truck quite a lot running around picking up supplies and delivering stuff, with the ECT button on, and I don't sem to using any more diesel!!
                        It's probably due to all the hills around here and not needing to use 'kick-down' so much.

Comment

well my fuel light is now busted and I ran out of diesel today! doh
                          Tim
                          Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

hehehe!! thought that would get yopur attention!

The Surf is our second vehicle, so it doesn't get used everyday, we use our diesel Clio for running around in (60mpg) and the missus to work, (4 miles away)
                            This week I've been using the truck quite a lot running around picking up supplies and delivering stuff, with the ECT button on, and I don't sem to using any more diesel!!
                            It's probably due to all the hills around here and not needing to use 'kick-down' so much.

Apart from when towing the caravan my old moneypit returns a steady 20 mpg. no matter how hard I drive her, ECT button on or off . Towing the van.......dont ask

Spoggle

Comment

Apart from when towing the caravan my old moneypit returns a steady 20 mpg. no matter how hard I drive her, ECT button on or off . Towing the van.......dont ask

Spoggle
                              Did Loestoft and back this weekend with a ton and half dislpay trailer on the back, just ignored the fuel gauge as I kept getting upset. the truck behaved well and it was great driving through the pedestrian precinct, watching the muppets run for cover when they realised there was a truck and trailer bearing down on them.
                              www.puppywalker.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                              X