Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minor scratches repair....

Guys...
    When you have been greenlaning or whatever.... if / when you get minor scratches whats the best way to fix / repair them?
    Touch up paint? T-Cut?
    2 Tone Mud Master!
    http://www.sunsetsurf.co.uk

Originally posted by carbonman
    Guys...
    When you have been greenlaning or whatever.... if / when you get minor scratches whats the best way to fix / repair them?
    Touch up paint? T-Cut?

If they are just surface scratches I use Autoglym resin polish, its not as harsh as T-Cut and also leaves a polished finished on the Surf.
    I have found that keeping a good coat of polish on the paint work also helps to protect it against minor scratches.
    Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
    My choice
    Back off

Comment

I've been known to use MER on them. Again, its no so hard as t-cut and polishes the car up too.
      [center][font=Microsoft Sans Serif][size=7][color=magenta][u][b][img]http://www.gifs.net/animate/hipgrl12.gif[/img][/b][/u][/color][/size] [img]http://www.gifs.net/animate/hipmn1.gif[/img][/font][/center][center][img]http://homepage.ntlworld.com/jim_ashton/shyAV5.jpg[/img][/center][center][b][color=#ff00ff][size=7][u]E[/u][/size][u][size=5]ms [/size][size=5]&[/size][size=7] J[/size][size=5]im[/size][/u][/color][/b][/center]

Comment

As Koi says it is best never to use T cut if poss especially on metallics/basecoat and clear paintwork . Due to its compound it leaves the paint soft and open to flattening . Do as Koi says and use a good quality polish as this offers a protective coat to the paint . If the scratch is deep a light use of Mettallic T cut could be used but then finish with a polish .
        I have removed many a deep scratch bodyshops quote a resray on just with a little elbow grease . Elbow grease is not available in tins !!

Good luck
        Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

where can we get aerosol paint from as toyota dont stock mine
          (\__/)
          (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
          (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by marky
            Err.. I just got Black from Halfrauds...........
            Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by marky
              Milners do aerosol cans if you give them the paint code.

Simon

Comment

Originally posted by carbonman
                Guys...
                Touch up paint? T-Cut?
                Colour Magic always works for me. but dunno how it works on clearcoat.
                4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

i gave up bothering, i find 1 scratch more noticeable than thousands.
                  nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

SO do I, works well on metallic blue. Also according to Which (sad I know!!) it gives protection for the longest period of over all the others tested.

Originally posted by TonyN
                    Colour Magic always works for me. but dunno how it works on clearcoat.
                    If life's an uphill struggle then downhill from now on can't be that bad?!

Comment

Working...
                    X