Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front and rear anti roll bars - gone!

Hello,

Took both sets of anti roll bars off this afternoon - Having driven a few miles I can't actually tell if there's a difference. It's quieter because the rear bushes were knackered.

DOH - to get the rear one off don't jack up car (I did), don't take off a wheel (did that too) or even take off the fuel tank bash plate (yup, you see the trend) and wiggle the bar and get nowhere. Just drop the prop shaft - I am Homer.
    Another member of the 'A' team

Originally posted by The Lovely Boyo
    Hello,

Took both sets of anti roll bars off this afternoon - Having driven a few miles I can't actually tell if there's a difference. It's quieter because the rear bushes were knackered.

DOH - to get the rear one off don't jack up car (I did), don't take off a wheel (did that too) or even take off the fuel tank bash plate (yup, you see the trend) and wiggle the bar and get nowhere. Just drop the prop shaft - I am Homer.
    i cant believe you had so much trouble getting it off.i managed to take the rear off just by having one of the wheels off
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

never mind we all learn by our mistakes.think of it this way when you put them back on it will be easy.mine just fell out coz of the lift you see.i didnt have any springs or dampers in the way.
      www.overfab.uk

Comment

Took my rear one off last night.
        Undone all the bolts,took off the off side wheel,couldn't get bar out
        Stuck wheel back on,took nearside off. Hey presto! Out it poped. with a bit of shaking,Krypton factor here i come!!!
        www.scottishmudclub.com for scottish events

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce1067
          i cant believe you had so much trouble getting it off.i managed to take the rear off just by having one of the wheels off
          hehe, I took Linda's one off in a field in Cornwall easily enough, and 'The Lovely Boyo' was there, he obviously had started on the beer and didn't remember!!
          4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
            hehe, I took Linda's one off in a field in Cornwall easily enough, and 'The Lovely Boyo' was there, he obviously had started on the beer and didn't remember!!
            see Andrew if you were watching the master at work you would of seen how it was done
            https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce1067
              see Andrew if you were watching the master at work you would of seen how it was done
              Well, you see, I actually helped Tony get it off the truck - I followed the same procedure. Maybe the suspension lift on Lindas truck was the difference.

Or maybe I'm a bit thick? Who knows!
              Another member of the 'A' team

Comment

Working...
              X