any north easterners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• any north easterners

any of you guys north of middlesborough know of any land i could go off roading on for a few hours ,closer to durham the better. old quarries and such like , that no one would mind me going on . i gotta have a go soon , its driving me nuts .

Hi, I live just outside Newcastle and a couple of the lads at work are joining a 4 X 4 club who have access to some land. They're going to pass on the details so I'll let you know as soon as poss where this is.
    'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

cheers mate .

Comment

Give us a visit on http://www.4x4uk.org/index.php. Theres people going off road all the time (and sometimes they mean to ).
        Theres Weardale Off Road Centre (01388527375) the first and third Sundays of the month. It's a good day out whatever your level of skill.
        You can take my 4x4 from me when you prize the keys from my cold, dead hand.

Comment

I live at Ryton (outside Newcastle), me and another lad both have Surfs kitted up for offroad. We go to a Place called Ridsdale. Its up the A68.

Comment

any idea on prices at weardale , micky

i have duellers all round , will i need to have off road tyres fitted ???

andy - is the land you go on waste land or something ??

Comment

I think it's £30 per truck. I haven't been for a while due to having a smashed leg. Your tyres will get you round a lot of the site, but will clog up in the heavier stuff. Best bet is to get a spare set of rims with M/T's on. I run Insa Turbo Saharas on mine (when the heads not stuffed!) and on the Fourtrak. I got them from Tyrespot.
              Here's Weardale http://www.weardaleoffroad.co.uk/index.html.
              You can take my 4x4 from me when you prize the keys from my cold, dead hand.

Comment

Weardale's fine mate, can get a bit sticky at times, loads of hills to play on and if you do get stuck some one will always pull you out.As for your tyres, should be ok but it may be worth thinking about some A.Ts when they need to be renewed. Quite a few Surfs about here now, must try to get together some time

Spoggle

Comment

thanks men , very helpfull . ed at weardale emailed me saying its 35 quid and the 3rd sunday is at Rogerely quarry which sounds pretty good to me.

Comment

Originally posted by internetsurfer
                    thanks men , very helpfull . ed at weardale emailed me saying its 35 quid and the 3rd sunday is at Rogerely quarry which sounds pretty good to me.

It's between Frosterley and Stanhope. Never been myself but a mate of mine with a Landy goes there. He says it's good but pretty rough and tends to brake Landys diffs etc. So a Surf should eat the place

Spoggle

Comment

Working...
                    X