New shocks...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New shocks...

I'm gonna order some 2" longer ES3000's for the rear of my lifted truck as the standard ones are near topping out, so speed humps are a teeth-jarring experience!

Thing is, the fronts feel OK, so I'd prefer to just do the rears for now. Would this be OK? This means I can put the money towards a big light bar.

Has anyone fitted one of these to a Surf? Looks like a good price but the fitting method might require some thought. The other option is buy a Thule bar and fit some nice lamps. Is 6 OTT?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Originally posted by Apache
    I'm gonna order some 2" longer ES3000's for the rear of my lifted truck as the standard ones are near topping out, so speed humps are a teeth-jarring experience!

Thing is, the fronts feel OK, so I'd prefer to just do the rears for now. Would this be OK? This means I can put the money towards a big light bar.

Has anyone fitted one of these to a Surf? Looks like a good price but the fitting method might require some thought. The other option is buy a Thule bar and fit some nice lamps. Is 6 OTT?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1

I've still got the original shocks on the front and no probs.

That lightbar is over priced for what you get IMHO.

Comment

If you put 4" shocks on would you get better articulation if you only had 2" springs fitted?? or is this not possible!

Comment

4" shocks and 2" springs might be a bit firm. Leave that to the Nova chavs

Comment

+4" shocks probably may probably be to long to fit without 4" springs, it'd be close anyway.

You should be matching the shocks with the spring lift, or you'll need to move the upper mounting point higher to get longer shocks in.
          4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

So given that the LC springs give a 3" lift, would I be better getting the 3" longer shocks? I thought 2" because the truck will settle and I'm more concerned with compression rather than rebound if the truck is loaded up.

Comment

So given that the LC springs give a 3" lift, would I be better getting the 3" longer shocks? I thought 2" because the truck will settle and I'm more concerned with compression rather than rebound if the truck is loaded up.

Mine are +2"

Comment

I'm off to Warton tomorrow, so I'm gonna call in at 'Explorer' (they're just off the M6 at Lymm) and pick up a pair of rear shocks then.

Wonder what other goodies I'll find there...

Comment

I'm off to Warton tomorrow, so I'm gonna call in at 'Explorer' (they're just off the M6 at Lymm) and pick up a pair of rear shocks then.

Wonder what other goodies I'll find there...

See if you can blag some extra stickers that come with the shocks, I wrecked mine.

BTW, some cheap stainless spots here...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Mini-4-Stainle...QQcmdZViewItem

Comment

Can only ask eh?

Saw them spots yesterday... quite nice. Reckon I'll have a look in Explorer tomorrow. They seem to have a decent range of lights too.

Comment

if you haven't done it already... the panhard bar drop bracket from their 4" lift kit... would be a good idea...

Comment

cough, cough, ahem

Comment

Originally posted by AndyLala
                          if you haven't done it already... the panhard bar drop bracket from their 4" lift kit... would be a good idea...
                          Hehe, before Vince's head explodes, it's already done

Comment

ooops, just thought I'd mention it...

Comment

Originally posted by AndyLala
                              ooops, just thought I'd mention it...

hehehe!! see here Andy...http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...ght=fao+apache

Comment

Working...
                              X