Lpg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lpg

Has anyone ever come across LPG converted petrol SURFs? I saw one in a local paper months ago but missed it. Are petrol surfs rare? Have never seen another one. (it was a V6)

V6 surfs are quite rare, V6 UK 4Runners are more common, Rusty has his converted to gas, and loves it. Definately needed with UK petrol prices and 15-20mpg.
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by mikec
      Are petrol surfs rare?
      In the UK, yes, but not that rare in Japan. There are plenty of petrol motors over there but we only seem to end up with the diesel ones.

Comment

We test drove a 2.7 "N" Reg before we dicided on our "P".

Very quiet but a juice gussler apparently. Well, at least that was what the salesman told us. Bad pitch I say!
        1996 SSR-G 3.0TD
        1995 SSR-X 3.0TD Ltd

Comment

The best petrol motor Toyota put in the 4x4s is the 3.4 V6 that 3rd gen 4Runners and pickups in the US are fitted with, it gets better MPG then the 3.0, makes about 40hp more as well.

Don't hear much about the 2.7. but most Surfs that appear over here are 2nd gen TD's, Guess the importers know we get shafted on fuel prices, and figure anything that does less than 20mpg won't sell.

Personally, I'll have a 4.0lt quad cam V8 lexus motor in a 2nd gen please......
          4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Working...
          X