2 bobs worth....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 bobs worth....

Once upon a time the 4X4 was the landy, OK USA did the cheap Jeep WW2 style and still sell to those who should know better. Then along came the Japs who knew naff all about 4X4 and now rule the mud, sure it's still posh to pose on tweed shoots with the green & cream Landrover SWB C/W three year old rusty chassis MOT death but more shooting syndicates have gone real and even my wee group boast 4 Surfs and the Landy owners ask for rides 'cos theirs are uncomfy / broke / drink fuel. I love Landrovers but that poxy company needs a swift kick up the jacksy for rippin the $$$$ now.

Had the "pleasure" of driving one of them Ford things off road last weekend FFS you need to get out yer seat to stir the stick shift into 4WD!!

BAD Jap = Nissan Xtrail.. Plastic and easy broke plus you cant afford the silly sized tyres.

My Surf cost less than 2k, it's comfi for 8 hours driving, it burns anything I pour in greener than a green thing, I can hear the MP3 player (yes I spent some money on it), I only need to press a button to hit 4wd and I drove where folk ski with road tyres on. Will I ever go back to Brit? No chance!

had a wee drive in my brothers vet practice landy last night,. its a SWB, 2003 model, with TD5 engine. found it less powerfull than 3.0TD surf,
    but worst thing for me was driving position and no way to move seats,
    its done 83000miles, but gear box hard work - the manual box on my 160k mile 4runner is far smoother!
    had a little go offroad in the landy and it was good, but no different to the runner. although i can see the landy has much better clearance at the back end,
    wont be swapping the 4runner for a landrover though!
    Landcruiser Colorado
    Sub. Forester

Comment

Cant argue with the off road capabilities of the Landy I've had them places where I wouldnt even attempt with any other car, it's the build quality, design, comfort, MPG and they must use rusty old pig iron on the chassis, Oh and whats the gag on the ott prices????!

Comment

90% of all Land Rovers ever made are still on the road.

The other 10% made it home.
        Paul </Slugsie>
        Immortal.so far!

Comment

Working...
        X