• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• white/blue dials and rear fog pics

got these off ebay the other day what do you think

Originally posted by gra
    Looking good mate you just need to mount the towbar electrics on the bumper now to save them getting mangled up offroad
    If it aint broke dont fix it

Comment

Originally posted by gra
      Pretty Cool youl have to give a hand fitting my fogs when I get round to it
      Trust your Hound.

Comment

How the h3ll do you get out of the truck - do you have to climb out of the sunroof???
        Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

nice job
          Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Those dials look good, I was looking at some of those on ebay myself the other day. How do you get into the dashboard area to fit them??
            I was put off buying something like this in case It required me to spend hours messing about with fiddly-pain-in-the-ass screws and the like but never actually went looking to see how easy this would be

Comment

no worrys give me a shout when you want hand with your lights..belive it or not the door opens a good 2 foot there is plenty of room to get out

Comment

Originally posted by Nellington
                Those dials look good, I was looking at some of those on ebay myself the other day. How do you get into the dashboard area to fit them??
                I was put off buying something like this in case It required me to spend hours messing about with fiddly-pain-in-the-ass screws and the like but never actually went looking to see how easy this would be
                you need to dismantle most of the dash to get the clocks out. then once there out unclip the front clear cover you can then get to all the clocks but you must make a note where all your dails were.for when you put your needles back on. you get fitting instructions with the dail kit........good look

Comment

Originally posted by gra
                  Snap!
                  Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
                    Snap!

Checkmate!

Comment

Originally posted by gra
                      Which supplier for the lights - the one's I found on ebay were £21.99 each - too much - next stop the local breakers.
                      Another member of the 'A' team

Comment

Originally posted by The Lovely Boyo
                        Which supplier for the lights - the one's I found on ebay were £21.99 each - too much - next stop the local breakers.

Andrew, I got mine from a motor spares shop, £2.99 each. I just took off the red lens, scribed around it and cut out with a jig saw so the lights are a nice snug fit.

oh and I bought one of those nail polish type touch-up paint things to cover the cut edges of the holes to stop them rusting.
                        Last edited by BUSHWHACKER; 9 October 2006, 23:29.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                          Andrew, I got mine from a motor spares shop, £2.99 each. I just took off the red lens, scribed around it and cut out with a jig saw so the lights are a nice snug fit.
                          That sounds like a cunning plan, m'lord!

I've got a trade account with a factors in Bridgend so I'll pop in tomorrow.

By the way, general info for anyone really - go into your local motor factors, fill in the paperwork with some totally made up company (mines called A & L) open an account and they instantly knock 25% off the price of everything.

How cool is that???????
                          Another member of the 'A' team

Comment

Originally posted by gra

Looks good.

The only things that puts me off buying those dials, is that the needles aren't illuminated, and the dials are white.

If they made them so that they were still black faced but lit up blue at night, they would look mega!

Hmmm, now there's a winter project.

Comment

could you not buy blue lamps / leds???
                              Everyone thinks I'm paranoid!!

Comment

Working...
                              X