learn English!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• learn English!

hit up the @rse yesterday...been stationary for at least a minute when whack, big white van using back of my new taxi to save wear on his pads and discs.

a bit fuming (to say the least) i jumped out of my cab and had a bit of a go at the guy. guess what...he can't speak much english and can't tell me his name or anything else until, of course, i tell him i'm phoning the police and that my brother is a local copper (he isn't, but hey). then the miracle occurs and the punjabi turns to a very satisfactory english.

he then tells me he has his own body repair shop and will do the work for nowt!!! what feckin' shower did i just come down with? anyway got proof of ID from the $$$$$$, took usual details, photos, couple of witnesses etc, passed on £££'s of my days bookings and went home to sort out the mess with insurance company.

on the phone to my insurance company, trying to explain what has happened to more people who don't speak english and get all my details wrong before taking my phone number and saying an agent will call me back within the hour. i had to phone back 2 hours later to get the same patter again. another 2 hours pass, so i phone customer services, get a manc (sort of english i guess! only joking guys!) and he sorts everything in 20 minutes.

long rant just to say that i am pist off with people living and working in this country who can't be bothered to learn the language, especially when their job is in a customer services/call centre role.
    i swear, it was like that when i got here...

Originally posted by logey79
    hit up the @rse yesterday...been stationary for at least a minute when whack, big white van using back of my new taxi to save wear on his pads and discs.

a bit fuming (to say the least) i jumped out of my cab and had a bit of a go at the guy. guess what...he can't speak much english and can't tell me his name or anything else until, of course, i tell him i'm phoning the police and that my brother is a local copper (he isn't, but hey). then the miracle occurs and the punjabi turns to a very satisfactory english.

he then tells me he has his own body repair shop and will do the work for nowt!!! what feckin' shower did i just come down with? anyway got proof of ID from the $$$$$$, took usual details, photos, couple of witnesses etc, passed on £££'s of my days bookings and went home to sort out the mess with insurance company.

on the phone to my insurance company, trying to explain what has happened to more people who don't speak english and get all my details wrong before taking my phone number and saying an agent will call me back within the hour. i had to phone back 2 hours later to get the same patter again. another 2 hours pass, so i phone customer services, get a manc (sort of english i guess! only joking guys!) and he sorts everything in 20 minutes.

long rant just to say that i am pist off with people living and working in this country who can't be bothered to learn the language, especially when their job is in a customer services/call centre role.
    100% agree with you mate had a similar thing happen
    Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

So does the new taxi now look like a renault with a strange rear
      Last edited by Woodzie; 6 October 2006, 19:33.
      www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Ba$tards think they can get away with anything cos they're imigrants
        If it aint broke dont fix it

Comment

Originally posted by Woodzie
          So does the new taxi now look like a renault with a strange rear
          not that bad to be honest, i can still use it for work (until the council see it and moan like f**k) it'll just need a new bumper, luckily no lights were broken.

trouble is if they want to get ar$ey, the council could take me off the road, because it doesn't look pretty. this is no exaggeration either, as i once failed a council mot test because i had a wheel trim missing. so i took the other 3 off, paid the re-test fee and they passed it.

Comment

Originally posted by gary16163
            Ba$tards think they can get away with anything cos they're imigrants
            no think about it mate....they CAN get away with anything!

Comment

bt are the same,every time i ring up to solve a problem with the broad band.you have to say everything four or five times before they understand what your on about,but then that could also be due to my bad use of english.
              www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by vatchman
                bt are the same,every time i ring up to solve a problem with the broad band.you have to say everything four or five times before they understand what your on about,but then that could also be due to my bad use of english.
                I find a big spanner normally works...(a 55mm)
                www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

dont ever phone up southwark council offices

unless you can understand swahili, head of housing was illegal immigrant
                  Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

errr - it's highly unlikely that the Call Centre is in this country ....

I work for an IT company and when we call our internal support it's 50/50 whether we end up speaking to Bridgend or Bangalore !

The guys themselves are technically very good but communication isn't always as good as you'd like

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

Originally posted by joker??
                      dont ever phone up southwark council offices

unless you can understand swahili, head of housing was illegal immigrant
                      saves time when they dish out free houses to their relatives that have just climbed out the back of a lorry....i'm not bitter (much)!

Comment

not that bad to be honest, i can still use it for work (until the council see it and moan like f**k) it'll just need a new bumper, luckily no lights were broken.

trouble is if they want to get ar$ey, the council could take me off the road, because it doesn't look pretty. this is no exaggeration either, as i once failed a council mot test because i had a wheel trim missing. so i took the other 3 off, paid the re-test fee and they passed it.
                        So whats on the stereo ....is it

I see you baby shaking that ar*e
                        www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

hit up the @rse what feckin' shower the $$$$$$, took usual details,
                          f**K B$stards

ENGLISH? Sheesh and I got a post taken off.
                          Trust your Hound.

Comment

hey you guys think you have it bad try living in wales when it comes to giveing out an address....................... ........jez
                            the amount of times you have to spell it out over and over again
                            john
                            Surf.gone but not forgottendisco now gone aswell

Comment

norwich union now trades from INDIA or PAKISTAN another reason i will be changing this year - stick to cricket you lot - you stink at call centre work . literally.

Comment

Working...
                              X