interior dashboard lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• interior dashboard lights

Is there a way of making the dashboard lights any brighter on my surf . On some vehicles there is a dial for adjusting the brightness, anything like that?
    3.0 turbo diesel

Originally posted by baldyman
    Is there a way of making the dashboard lights any brighter on my surf . On some vehicles there is a dial for adjusting the brightness, anything like that?
    3.0 turbo diesel
    Nufin like that mate. Mine were pretty dim when I got the truck, took the dash out and found 6 of the lamps had gone. Replaced them and all is bright again.
    SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

This thread may be of interest, depends how far you wnat to go
      http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...ad.php?t=21521
      Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Ah yes, the Star Trek thread!

Comment

The switch in other cars doesn't actually make the lights brighter, it makes them dimmer by dropping the voltage across the bulbs.

The only way to get brighter lights is:
          1. clean the bulbs.
          2. put brighter bulbs in.

2. is not recommended unless you know it isn't going to catch fire. There's not a lot of space for heat to dissipate back there.
          LEDs run cooler.

Comment

Originally posted by ian619
            This thread may be of interest, depends how far you wnat to go
            http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...ad.php?t=21521
            Ian, I don't know how I missed the thread first time 'round, but you are a blo0dy genius.

I'm in the process of doing what I thought were some clever suspension mods, but I'm never going to post any mods ever again - god damn it!
            Another member of the 'A' team

Comment

I took my dash apart to change a lamp, and found all the backlighting lamps had small green covers on them, which were promptly removed, and the dash is MUCH brighter now...
              It just does, OK?

Comment

Originally posted by The Lovely Boyo
                Ian, I don't know how I missed the thread first time 'round, but you are a blo0dy genius.

I'm in the process of doing what I thought were some clever suspension mods, but I'm never going to post any mods ever again - god damn it!
                Dont do that Boyo, im very interested in your mods especially as im gonna fit the intercooler soon, at least your mods benifiet the running of the truck, mine just look pretty

Comment

Dont do that Boyo, im very interested in your mods especially as im gonna fit the intercooler soon, at least your mods benifiet the running of the truck, mine just look pretty
                  Our daughter is in Southampton Uni and we owe her a visit.

So, when you are ready to cut the bonnet, we'll come up, and monitor proceedings. Linda says if you supply me with beer, she'll cut the bonnet
                  Another member of the 'A' team

Comment

Originally posted by The Lovely Boyo
                    Our daughter is in Southampton Uni and we owe her a visit.

So, when you are ready to cut the bonnet, we'll come up, and monitor proceedings. Linda says if you supply me with beer, she'll cut the bonnet
                    HeHe your on!! to be honest ive already overcome the first cut is the worst syndrome as i already cut two holes for the bonnet vents, my worry is if i cut another large hole for the cooler there wont be much bonnet left, it's already a bit flimsey, i can see it folding in half when i lift it

Comment

HeHe your on!! to be honest ive already overcome the first cut is the worst syndrome as i already cut two holes for the bonnet vents, my worry is if i cut another large hole for the cooler there wont be much bonnet left, it's already a bit flimsey, i can see it folding in half when i lift it
                      heehee two piano hinges
                      Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Originally posted by joker??
                        heehee two piano hinges

Ian, you could replace your bonnet with a big venetian blind.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                          Ian, you could replace your bonnet with a big venetian blind.
                          Or leave it off, that would get rid of the heat

Comment

Working...
                          X