Missing Kilometres

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missing Kilometres

Hi Guys an Gals, I am now a bit worried about the Surf I have just bought. I had a mileage check done by BIMTA and it confirms the kilometres at auction in Japan as 127251 Ks approx 79000 miles when I bought the car the odo was reading 77448 Ks approx 49000 miles. It seems to have lost 30000 miles crossing the sea. As I said before the car goes well and looks well so do I accept that this is the car I bought and just get on with enjoying it. In terms of a Diesel and a Toyota I don't suppose 30 K is a big issue. Have been in touch with the garage and waiting for them to get back to me. Will keep you posted.

Regards
    Malcolm
    Visit all the Surfin Elkhounds at [url="http://www.malenibo.co.uk/"]www.malenibo.co.uk[/url]

you may find, as happened to me that the garage reset the clock to the equivalent in miles,(80,000kms on the service, but 48,000 on the clock) which made me think I had a mph odometer, I only realised when I clocked up 7000 "miles" in four months, when in fact it was clocking up in kms. They should have left it at 80,000kms.

This might not be in your case, but its probably what the garage will tell you.

Comment

They have already mentioned the miles/ K's but the letter from BIMTA states 127251 K as the figure when it went under the hammer in Japan. It also gives a figure of 77448 K's as the odo reading when the vehicle was submitted for verification. Not sure whether it was submitted for verification here or in Japan. The Speedo face is in MPH
      Visit all the Surfin Elkhounds at [url="http://www.malenibo.co.uk/"]www.malenibo.co.uk[/url]

Comment

i'd wait to see what there response is & dont mention km to miles conversion iff they start getting funny tell them you will report them to trading standards for clocking a vehicle you might get cash back its worth a try?
        (\__/)
        (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
        (")_(")

Comment

Working...
        X