Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone know of a good undersealers Nr. Notts

Hi Guys,

Long and short of it is I wanna get my new Surf undersealed before the weather turns into winter but phone call after phone call has yet to find anybody in my area that can do the proper underseal job.

Several said "yeah We can put a layer of mastic on for ya m8" but thats not what Im after is it. If I read the postings in this forum correctly I need it steam cleaning, drying, rubbed down and prepared and the wax oil in the chassis and schutz on the externals?

Anyway - can anyone recomend somewhere that will do the job properly and at a reasonable price - also wont take too long to do it coz if I have to take the Surf any distence and leave it there longer than a day I am buggered for getting home.

Here's a 'how to' link...http://www.showmesome.info/hilux/workshop/underseal.htm

Most of the guys on here have done the job them selves, if you DIY, wear some clothes that you were going to throw out anyway.
    Oh and a hat of some kind!

Comment

Underseal

Originally posted by Kenny_Notts
      Hi Guys,

Long and short of it is I wanna get my new Surf undersealed before the weather turns into winter but phone call after phone call has yet to find anybody in my area that can do the proper underseal job.

Several said "yeah We can put a layer of mastic on for ya m8" but thats not what Im after is it. If I read the postings in this forum correctly I need it steam cleaning, drying, rubbed down and prepared and the wax oil in the chassis and schutz on the externals?

Anyway - can anyone recomend somewhere that will do the job properly and at a reasonable price - also wont take too long to do it coz if I have to take the Surf any distence and leave it there longer than a day I am buggered for getting home.

I looked into this for quite a while and there is only one guy I found worth going to;

http://www.before-n-after.co.uk/

I just had mine done on Tuesday and the job is absolutely A1+++++!! There is waxoil oozing out of all the doors and body work at the moment - perfect - he didn't miss a single bit inside or out! This guy is in Newbury but he does have a couple of courtesy cars if that's any help. The job is done in a day so you can drive back that evening. Apparently people have driven their L**drovers down from Scoland to have them sealed!

Prive is 480+VAT for a Surf. He garauntees Landy's for 5 years against any rust - think he'll do the same on Surfs. I reckon it has got to be money very well spent - have a read of his site - you will never get anywhere near the quality of job doing it yourself or getting a regular garage to have a crack at it.

You could also get Tony N to give her a service whilst you're down this way - make sure you take it to him before the Waxoil treatment though!

Comment

'Before n After' does seem to be the name everyone mentions.

I have been told that SHB (who normally private white landrovers for Glastonbury) will do waxoyling in their garage for a reasonable price. I have no idea if that's true or not, but they're up your way so may be worth a call to find out.

http://www.shb.co.uk/4x4sales.html

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
          Here's a 'how to' link...http://www.showmesome.info/hilux/workshop/underseal.htm

Most of the guys on here have done the job them selves, if you DIY, wear some clothes that you were going to throw out anyway.
          Oh and a hat of some kind!
          Or a wetsuit might be even more appropriate
          Laugh!!! I nearly bought my own beer.

Paul

Comment

Originally posted by John G
            I looked into this for quite a while and there is only one guy I found worth going to;

http://www.before-n-after.co.uk/

I just had mine done on Tuesday and the job is absolutely A1+++++!! There is waxoil oozing out of all the doors and body work at the moment - perfect - he didn't miss a single bit inside or out! This guy is in Newbury but he does have a couple of courtesy cars if that's any help. The job is done in a day so you can drive back that evening. Apparently people have driven their L**drovers down from Scoland to have them sealed!

Prive is 480+VAT for a Surf. He garauntees Landy's for 5 years against any rust - think he'll do the same on Surfs. I reckon it has got to be money very well spent - have a read of his site - you will never get anywhere near the quality of job doing it yourself or getting a regular garage to have a crack at it.

You could also get Tony N to give her a service whilst you're down this way - make sure you take it to him before the Waxoil treatment though!
            before-n-after did mine. It's not cheap but the best job you'll find.

He did miss the odd hiden crevice here and there but he does say that he can't guarantee to cover 100%. Simple job after a few days of drying off to get underneath and touch-up these points with a small amount of waxoil and a brush. That way you can satisfy yourself that everything has been covered.
            Brian

Comment

Working...
            X