Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Add Direct Line 2 the list of insurers who DO insure Surfs

Hi gang,

Wel this is a very nice surprise for me but as my previous car (a shogun sport) was previously covered by direct line I thought I'd see if they would also cover my new Surf and BINGO they will.

Whats more I still get all the discounts for my partner also being with them, the house contents being with them and so on so its actually very very cheap. The only stipulation they made was I have to fit a Cat 1 Thatcham Alarm and send them a Cert to prove it - apart from that it was plain sailing.

So knock a rair one up for the good guys.

Kenny Notts

I found that the best quote I could get was with Lifesure. They were pretty good, paid ount in a week after my blow out and kept the policy open so I could put my new car on it. I also got lifetime NCB...

Very good...IMO...
    [I][B]96 3rd Gen in bluuuueeeee[/B]I]

Comment

i am also with direct line and again no problems all they asked for was proof of an immobilser being fitted and it was cheeper than my 530 bmw i had before

Comment

Has anyone here had experience trying to claim from Direct Line?

I've only known two people who have ever done this and it was a painful drawn-out process for both of them, far more so than with other companies, but I have no experience myself. Last time I made a claim it was a no-fault through NFU and was zero hassle.

Other companies' claim performance?

Comment

Never had to claim with DL but as I said, Lifesure were good...for an insurance company!!!
          [I][B]96 3rd Gen in bluuuueeeee[/B]I]

Comment

Directline to!

Yep I'm with them, no probs with insuring the Surf as long as it has an approved imobiliser with certification.

Had a claim against another driver with my X -Trail, also insured with Directline; and again no probs very efficient and quick too!

Comment

Originally posted by The Mechanic
              Yep I'm with them, no probs with insuring the Surf as long as it has an approved imobiliser with certification.

Had a claim against another driver with my X -Trail, also insured with Directline; and again no probs very efficient and quick too!
              As I work for Directline RBS group I could tell you some stories ! But I wont worry you
              I dont insure my vehicles with them .
              Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Working...
              X