Blowing turbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blowing turbo

Advice please gents. The old money pit, the Surf that is, not the wife. Has developed what I can only describe as a sort of farting buzz upon acceleration. My first thoughts were that my nice new shiny stainless exahust had developed a leak, however having popped the bonnet and had a shuffty I notice that I have escaping exahust gas at the front side of the turbo when I blip the gas. Any ideas, should I go see the bank manager again or could it be something simple, and cheap (HA HA ) to fix?

Cheers: Spoggle

do you mean the compressor side of the turbo.the big aluminium bit.if you do.check the bolts that hold it to the main body make sure they are tight and or still there.but having though about that,if you have exhaust gas blowing through your compressor housing then the seals have gone on the turbo,and that could cost as much as a second hand turbo.
    Last edited by surfenstein; 26 September 2006, 20:02.
    www.overfab.uk

Comment

Phew! Just a couple of missing studs The bank manager can sleep easy again So just to celebrate, think I'll drag the caravan over to the lakes for the weekend

Spoggle

Comment

Working...
      X