X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missed By 11 Seconds (And £5)

Been watching this since the first day.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1

Placed bid with 20 seconds to go and had highest bid (by £20) and guess what I got pipped at the post, again!!!!!

Every time I try and leave my bid until the last second I always run out of time. Still good luck to the person who did win it for having the bottle to wait until the last second (grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, I hate you so much ).

Still, I went over budget (like I always do) so I guess the winner did me a favour.

Keep your fingers crossed for me next time (unless your bidding against me, then damn you all )

As you can no doubt tell I'm not bitter, I'm a well balanced person.

I hate Fleabay soooooooooooo much (unless I win of course).
    'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Flea-bay

I know the feeling, you cant win the item by manually bidding unless you bid over-value. A computer program can bid for you in the last few seconds. I dont know what it`s called but it works. I know because I always get pipped in the last few seconds. I think it was good fate you lost as I know i`d rather buy new for hundred pound more.
    cheers,
    chris
    Powered by Toyota!

Comment

looks like a few regulars were having a go on it too....
      it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

http://www.auctionlo$$$$ch.co.uk/lotsnipe.html
        3 free snipes a week i think. ive had 100% success with this badboy
        665 the neighbour of the beast

Comment

Originally posted by kameeleon
          Been watching this since the first day.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1

Placed bid with 20 seconds to go and had highest bid (by £20) and guess what I got pipped at the post, again!!!!!

Every time I try and leave my bid until the last second I always run out of time. Still good luck to the person who did win it for having the bottle to wait until the last second (grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, I hate you so much ).

Still, I went over budget (like I always do) so I guess the winner did me a favour.

Keep your fingers crossed for me next time (unless your bidding against me, then damn you all )

As you can no doubt tell I'm not bitter, I'm a well balanced person.

I hate Fleabay soooooooooooo much (unless I win of course).
          HeHe, dont ya hate when that happens, if i win summat on ebay it's useually cos no one else wants it, you really have to go over the top if you really want it, was'nt that computer thing called sniping,
          Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Due to the lack of livestock and sacrificial children in north London, I'll be taking my bull bar off soon (when I can be bothered) and I'll stick it on here before I 'bay it. It's not as exciting as that one (it's like the one on the middle picture up at the top of the page) but it kind of does the job.

So anyone wants a bull bar (and will come and get it) keep an eye out for the ad once I've got my socket set out.

Comment

Dohhhhh!!!! Why is it always at the opposite end of the country and no one will send by courier??

Come on Sancho give a heartbroken guy a break. I'm just getting over the loss of one bull bar and now your tempting me with another

I'll pay courier fee if the price is right.
              'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

and if that dont work out, can i be 1st reserve?
                it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by kameeleon
                  Dohhhhh!!!! Why is it always at the opposite end of the country and no one will send by courier??

Come on Sancho give a heartbroken guy a break. I'm just getting over the loss of one bull bar and now your tempting me with another

I'll pay courier fee if the price is right.

I've just posted a standard A-bar and it cost £8.70 if that helps.

Comment

I find with fleabay that patience is a virtue, keep sniping in the last 10-15 seconds and eventually you will get what you want at the right price. I got a set of 4 gen 3 alloys (2 good tyres 2 bad) after about 6 months of waiting for £115!

You do need broadband to snipe, get yourself a stopwatch, hit the button with 1min 10 secs to go, get ready with just the confirm bid screen up and bang it in with 60 secs on the stopwatch.
                    Parts of your engine go up, stop then go back! Mm!

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                      I've just posted a standard A-bar and it cost £8.70 if that helps.
                      Shut up Vince, now everyone knows I'm lazy as well as tight.

It's not going to come off for ten days or so anyway. I don't get back from work in time to do it in the evenings and I'm getting drunk all of this weekend.

Once it's off and I've worked out how much I want for it I'll PM / email Kameeleon first, then Chillitt, then stick it on here for sale, then throw it to the wolves.

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho
                        Shut up Vince, now everyone knows I'm lazy as well as tight.

Originally posted by Sancho
                        then stick it on here for sale, then throw it to the wolves.
                        Both of those are practically the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by TJG
                          get ready with just the confirm bid screen up and bang it in with 60 secs on the stopwatch.
                          60 Seconds!!!!

I've done it with 4 seconds to go!! (And still lost out, by the way!!)
                          It just does, OK?

Comment

are we still talking about bidding?

sounds like some sort of libido test to me!

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                              are we still talking about bidding?

sounds like some sort of libido test to me!

Heh heh....
                              It just does, OK?

Comment

Working...
                              X