Torsion bars and dampers again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Torsion bars and dampers again

Now I've put a few hundred miles on the raised suspension, the drivers side sat around 1" lower than the passenger. No, not because I'm a fat biffer!

I wound another 4 turns on the drivers side tonight, now I'm down to just under 1/2" difference. I think this makes 16 turns in all (Vince, did you put 12 on?) and the ride is still fine. It's harder than original but I prefer this to the boat-like qualities pre-lift.

Now to dampers...

Would ES9000's be a better match for the stiffer setup? Or would that make the ride brick-like? I prefer the 'hard' setting of the original shocks, so would brand new ES3000's be similar to battered old originals on hard setting?

What d'ya reckon folks before I spend my hard earned?
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Originally posted by Apache
    Now I've put a few hundred miles on the raised suspension, the drivers side sat around 1" lower than the passenger. No, not because I'm a fat biffer!

I wound another 4 turns on the drivers side tonight, now I'm down to just under 1/2" difference. I think this makes 16 turns in all (Vince, did you put 12 on?) and the ride is still fine. It's harder than original but I prefer this to the boat-like qualities pre-lift.

Now to dampers...

Would ES9000's be a better match for the stiffer setup? Or would that make the ride brick-like? I prefer the 'hard' setting of the original shocks, so would brand new ES3000's be similar to battered old originals on hard setting?

i think the 3000's are between the hard and soft setting of the original shocks so the 9000's would be a little bit stiffer than the hard setting i would of thought
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by Apache

Now to dampers...

I'm sure I gave yours 8 turns each, but I gave mine 12.
      Have you checked the heights on flat level ground? as I remember we measured with the nearside wheels on the pavement, might make a difference, I dunno!

I think Mickeyboy has got ES9000s with the blue 'cruiser springs, give him a shout re; the ride comfort. The 9000s are gas charged and hold the wheels in contact with the ground more than the 3000s, good for off roading, but not for comfort I guess.

p.s. I got a stinkin' cold, was it yours???

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
        hope your gonna return it to its owner then Vince
        https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
          I'm sure I gave yours 8 turns each, but I gave mine 12.
          Have you checked the heights on flat level ground? as I remember we measured with the nearside wheels on the pavement, might make a difference, I dunno!

I think Mickeyboy has got ES9000s with the blue 'cruiser springs, give him a shout re; the ride comfort. The 9000s are gas charged and hold the wheels in contact with the ground more than the 3000s, good for off roading, but not for comfort I guess.

OK, that means I have 8 turns on pass. side, and 12 on drivers. It's parked on tarmac up' t' road and looks pretty even there now.

I guess I might fit a pair of 3000's to the rear and see how it goes. Then buy a pair for the front if I like it. If not, I'll be buying 9000's and flogging the 3000's!

The cold? Well, I was sneezing a bit late on last week, so it could have been me!
          Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Working...
          X