Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2nd Gen to 3rd Gen

Hi,
    After 4 years with a '93 2nd Gen, just upgraded to a '96 3rd Gen. Of course, no handbook so would someone be so kind as to clarify a couple of things for me.......
    1) on the 2nd G, the gloplug dash lamp would illuminate for a few seconds on switching on (testing the bulb) then after 10 secs or so a buzzer would sound to indicate the engine could be started. On the 3rd Gen, no lamp on the dash and no buzzer. Is this norm or is there a bulb/buzzer fault?
    2) again on the 2nd G, a green turbo lamp would illuminate at about 2500rpm as the turbo cut in. No lamp on the 3rd gen. Is this correct - no turbo lamp on the 3rd Gen?
    3) Finally, the Hi/Lo/2/4 gear positions are different. I think I've worked them out, but is there a thread somewhere to confirm what drives are operable in which positions of the lever?
    Many thanks if someone could spare a few moments to reply.
    Cheers.

No buzzer on mine for turbo or glow plug, only light for glow plug which goes out within seconds.
    If running on 4 wheel drive the axle diagram lights up.
    Philip
    Still Searching,
    Dick Whittington

Comment

It has fast gloplugs, just go straight for it, I have never had a light and the onle diffence is when it is really cold it turns over for another 1/2 second or so.

Difference between 2.4 & 3lt, you need a light to tell you when you have boost on the 2.4, on the 3lt YOU JUST KNOW IT!

2wd or 4wd unlocked (just press button, 4wd lights up without the centre diff lit) is fine for the road, whatever the conditions.

Hopefully you got an ice blue one, otherwise you will live to regret it
      Parts of your engine go up, stop then go back! Mm!

Comment

Many thanks Philip and TJG. Noticed this morning the glo lamp lights for about a millisecond (so bulb works!) and now realise there is no buzzer.
        Know what you mean about the turbo - humungous difference between 2.4 and 3.0!

Sorry TJG, not ice-blue, but a fantastic royal blue and silver - looks the bees-knees.

Comment

Originally posted by beachcomber
          Sorry TJG, not ice-blue, but a fantastic royal blue and silver - looks the bees-knees.
          Ah well, never mind
          Parts of your engine go up, stop then go back! Mm!

Comment

Just remember you should be doing under 30 when you switch in or out of Hi 4WD
            Nil illegitimi carborundum

Comment

Working...
            X