Brake Light Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brake Light Problem

I've got a problem with my Rear Driver side Brake Light. It's working intermitently. The bulb is fine, and when I remove the cluster to check it, the brake light works again.
    I'm presuming it is a faulty connector or old wiring. Can anyone suggest a fix for this, or let me know where I could get a replacement connector for the rear light clusters?

Thanks
    Dave
    Just Vegging Out

Just give the contact pionts on the bulb and the conections in the holder a rub with some fine emery cloth or wet or dry paper.

Comment

Originally posted by Bludger
      I've got a problem with my Rear Driver side Brake Light. It's working intermitently. The bulb is fine, and when I remove the cluster to check it, the brake light works again.
      I'm presuming it is a faulty connector or old wiring. Can anyone suggest a fix for this, or let me know where I could get a replacement connector for the rear light clusters?

Thanks
      Dave
      dont dicount the bulb, try swapping it with the nearside one and as vince says give the contacts a good clean
      Surf.gone but not forgottendisco now gone aswell

Comment

Originally posted by Bludger
        I've got a problem with my Rear Driver side Brake Light. It's working intermitently.
        Dave
        mine is the same - it works fine when i press the pedal - but when i get out to check it - it goes off!
        Everyone thinks I'm paranoid!!

Comment

kind of like the intermitent fault with your indicator bulb,its on then its off,then its on again,
          www.overfab.uk

Comment

must be a common fault! my wipers do it as well on a particular setting..can't remember the name of the position.
            Everyone thinks I'm paranoid!!

Comment

mines the same... it looks like theres some major faults with the surfs

Comment

Working...
              X