Very Worried

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gary16163
    I quite agree with you however much people plead, they aint getting behind the wheel of my truck
    Too right. Top bloke. It's like when people say how much they'd love to have
    a drive in the Surf. Over my dead body.

Comment

jack up the truck at, believe you should see the wheel move 'unwind' as such
      Gaz

Comment

If it switched out of 4wd OK, and doesn't make any funny noises it'll be OK. Outer CV's are the weak point, these will normally explode before anything else goes wrong, and wear on the rest of the drivetrain will be negligable after only one trip.
        4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Is this a 2nd Gen? Am doing things wrong in my 3rd Gen, I thought driving it in 4wd was ok? As long as you were in the correct 4wd mode?
          Nil illegitimi carborundum

Comment

Think you can do that in 3rd gens, dont they have a forward slip diff?
            I drove from havant to portsmouth (about 5-6 miles) in 4 wheel drive (high) without knowing it, had the dash out so no light, did'nt notice till i got in the car park and the steering wheel started fighting me, just went home in reverse and sorted it
            Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Is this just a wind up, how can driving in reverse sort it?

Comment

Originally posted by Ace Piker
                Is this just a wind up, how can driving in reverse sort it?
                Yeah sorry it's a wind up (or should i say an unwind up) I got away with it as there wer't too many tight bends till i got in the car park, mainly straight driveing,
                Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by joker??
                  can i have a go of your truck gary ???
                  Ok Dave for you I'll make an exception as long as I can use your vast assortment of camping equipment and you promise to put luminous guy ropes on your kite lmao
                  If it aint broke dont fix it

Comment

Originally posted by gary16163
                    Ok Dave for you I'll make an exception as long as I can use your vast assortment of camping equipment and you promise to put luminous guy ropes on your kite lmao
                    you wait Gary,Dave will bring a blooming great tent with him next year that'll make yours look as small as his did this year
                    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce1067
                      you wait Gary,Dave will bring a blooming great tent with him next year that'll make yours look as small as his did this year
                      You're probably right even if its only to park his truck in so it does'nt get dirty lol
                      If it aint broke dont fix it

Comment

Is this a 2nd Gen? Am doing things wrong in my 3rd Gen, I thought driving it in 4wd was ok? As long as you were in the correct 4wd mode?
                        Your OK, as long as the little diff light isn't lit, you have a diff in the tranfer case so it can drive both ends without screwing up the drive train. When you pull the 4wd lever back to H4L then you are the same as a 2nd gen and will get tranny windup.

And yes, reversing often helps if it won't come out of 4wd, as all the splines and collers often get jammed, and going backwards unlocks them.

Oh, I need to ring you as well!!!!

Comment

Thanx Tony. BTW have had the respray done now so she looks Pukka!

Comment

Thanx Tony. BTW have had the respray done now so she looks Pukka!
                            Cool, I noticed all the removed paint from the plastic door trims!!

Comment

I have heard of diff wind up while driving in Low Ratio, but not High? Dont matter what 4x4 as long as it is not in diff lock. Obviously avoid tight bends!
                              I also read that it is advised to drive in 4-wheel mode every now and then to lubricate the system.
                              So come folks, what is the correct way to go. Does anyone have a manual for the 2nd gen?
                              What comes around goes around!!

Comment

Originally posted by Gazbo
                                Dont matter what 4x4 as long as it is not in diff lock.
                                And therin lies the problem with our 2nd Gen's.

With no centre diff, we're effectively in diff lock all the time we're in 4WD.
                                It just does, OK?

Comment

Working...
                                X