Very Worried

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very Worried

i have just lent my pride and joy to my mother in law to move a load of plants - she has never driven it before. When i jut went to pick it up te 4wd light was on !!!! - this means one of two things, she has pressed the buton by mistake when she got out or more worrying she has just driven it approx 20 miles in 4 wheel drive on tarmac - i didn't notice anything different when i just drove it but could the damage become more evident in time (if there is any)
    Bunkle
    Fox Hunting is Dangerous

Originally posted by Bunkle
    i have just lent my pride and joy to my mother in law to move a load of plants - she has never driven it before. When i jut went to pick it up te 4wd light was on !!!! - this means one of two things, she has pressed the buton by mistake when she got out or more worrying she has just driven it approx 20 miles in 4 wheel drive on tarmac - i didn't notice anything different when i just drove it but could the damage become more evident in time (if there is any)
    Why not ask her if and when she pressed the 4wd button
    If it aint broke dont fix it

Comment

Never never never never never ever loan your vehicle to someone. It's
      guaranteed that they will try their best to f*ck your vehicle up whilst they
      have it.

Comment

cause i'm scared !!! - no seriously she in't too well and the last thing she needs is something to worry about
        Bunkle
        Fox Hunting is Dangerous

Comment

Originally posted by Bunkle

Just drive your truck for 20 miles in reverse and in 4WD, that will sort it!

Comment

cheers matt - i have now learnt my lesson
            Bunkle
            Fox Hunting is Dangerous

Comment

would i not notice any wind up straight away though ?
              Bunkle
              Fox Hunting is Dangerous

Comment

Yup, the truck won't like going around corners very well, and you'd feel it through the steering wheel.

Comment

cheers - i'm going to just keep my fingers crossed then
                  Bunkle
                  Fox Hunting is Dangerous

Comment

Does it have manual front locking hubs ?
                    Laugh!!! I nearly bought my own beer.

Paul

Comment

Originally posted by paulh
                      Does it have manual front locking hubs ?
                      Do you dream about manual hubs?

If it has suffered any wind up, you'd notice straight away. It drive's like cr&p. It
                      feels as if it's fighting against you all the time at everything.

And just to reiterate, never let anyone borrow your vehicle. I've never figured
                      out why people do it, as to whether it's envy based or just that they treat all vehicles
                      like cr&p, but it really is one of those guaranteed facts in life. Apart from me and the
                      wife, no-one ever gets within spitting distance of my drivers seat.

Comment

er - no
                        Bunkle
                        Fox Hunting is Dangerous

Comment

er - no to paul that is - i'm off for a beer - i hear it can cure transmission wind up
                          Bunkle
                          Fox Hunting is Dangerous

Comment

Originally posted by MattF
                            Do you dream about manual hubs?

If it has suffered any wind up, you'd notice straight away. It drive's like cr&p. It
                            feels as if it's fighting against you all the time at everything.

And just to reiterate, never let anyone borrow your vehicle. I've never figured
                            out why people do it, as to whether it's envy based or just that they treat all vehicles
                            like cr&p, but it really is one of those guaranteed facts in life. Apart from me and the
                            wife, no-one ever gets within spitting distance of my drivers seat.
                            I quite agree with you however much people plead, they aint getting behind the wheel of my truck
                            If it aint broke dont fix it

Comment

Originally posted by gary16163
                              I quite agree with you however much people plead, they aint getting behind the wheel of my truck
                              can i have a go of your truck gary ???
                              Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Working...
                              X