Off Road Workout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Off Road Workout

I took my Defender into work all this week to give it a run. Have been off roading in it twice this week to give the suspension a good work out.

What I couldn't believe is that it's more economical than my Surf!!

To get to work (and that's all) I spend about £45 on Diesel a week depending on the price in my Surf. For the same trip all week plus two good off road forays (about 11 miles in all in Low Range) my Defender cost me £40 dead on to fill. Now she has only got a 2.5 N/A Diesel engine, but it's more of a brick than the Surf, is very much on the low side for gearing (70mph is killing it, 60mph is max cruise speed) has more aggressive tyres and weighs more than the Surf. She also shows her longer distance cred having only used half a tank of Diesel compaired to the Surfs brim to 1/4 tank (nearly empty then) of fuel.

If only I had a 200 or 300TDI she would be even better on juice.

Originally posted by M35A2
    If only I had a 200 or 300TDI she would be even better on juice.
    Andy, and sorry in advance guys, but..................

Nice looking Landy

Don't bite, I've just signed offf, and run.........
    Another member of the 'A' team

Comment

I've just realised, you could be Landy Andy

Now I really have signed off......
      Another member of the 'A' team

Comment

Originally posted by The Lovely Boyo
        Andy, and sorry in advance guys, but..................

Nice looking Landy

Don't bite, I've just signed offf, and run.........

I like a man that has taste!!

I know this will get up a lot of peoples skirts, but you have to give it to Land Rover, the old Defenders are unbelievable off road. What's more, you can take it through loads of bushes and not worry about scratching it. If you dent it you can just beat it out (Alloy body) and if it's bad, just unbolt the offending item and replace with new. You can take them into rivers and not worry about getting the carpets soaked, just open the door and let all the water out What's more, if I fancy a different paint job (like Desert Sand which I think will be it's next colour as she served in the Gulf in Gulf War 1) then I can paint it myself like I did when I re-sprayed her a few years back (the old camo paint was abit rough then).

Ok, lets see who does the bashing then!!
        Last edited by M35A2; 20 September 2006, 20:32.

Comment

i aint bashing anything, but diesels got about 10p a litre cheaper in the last 2 weeks. thats your more economical landy doing almost exactly the same as a surf then...
          it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt
            i aint bashing anything, but diesels got about 10p a litre cheaper in the last 2 weeks. thats your more economical landy doing almost exactly the same as a surf then...

NO, because I filled the Surf up last week at the same price as I filled the Landy up tonight........

Comment

can't blame a bloke for trying...
              it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

I'm sorry, I could have sworn you are talking about a Land Rover, I believe the terms and conditions state that you can't even think about another marque....
                Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

Originally posted by itbloke@tiscali.co.uk
                  I'm sorry, I could have sworn you are talking about a Land Rover, I believe the terms and conditions state that you can't even think about another marque....

We all have something hidden in the closet, it just so happens I have two Military Land Rovers in mine

Comment

Working...
                  X