Lift completed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by da SLUG man
    she'll never know you've got the webcam on if she's asleep!... excellent!!

(sorry... it's late!!)

It don't work in the dark though!

Comment

Originally posted by The Lovely Boyo
      Yup, you got it BAD

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder

Nah, it's just called being a SAD GIT.

Mind you, I can't say anything. First time the wife followed behind me when I was in
      the Surf after the new springs and shocks, first question I asked was, can you see
      them whilst driving behind? The fact the shocks are flourescent yellow helps as
      well.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
        http://www.off-road.com/toyota/tech/torsion/index.htm

The bolts are more or less inline with the front seats, give them a spray with WD40 first, and put a chalk or crayon mark on them so you can count the number of turns easily.

Vince, which way do you turn the bolts? Are there any lock nuts to loosen?

Comment

Originally posted by M35A2
          Vince, which way do you turn the bolts? Are there any lock nuts to loosen?

As you lie on your back, looking up at the bolt heads, you need to turn them clockwise, as if tightening them, to raise the front of the truck.
          No locknuts to loosen, just turn the bolts and thats it.

Comment

As you lie on your back, looking up at the bolt heads, you need to turn them clockwise, as if tightening them, to raise the front of the truck.
            No locknuts to loosen, just turn the bolts and thats it.

Nice one. What is the distance from center of hub to bottom of wheel arch supposed to be and how much can these bad boys be cranked up? Oh, and is it best to do the job with the truck off the ground?

Cheers mate

Comment

Originally posted by M35A2
              Nice one. What is the distance from center of hub to bottom of wheel arch supposed to be and how much can these bad boys be cranked up? Oh, and is it best to do the job with the truck off the ground?

Cheers mate

Both front wheels off the ground before you start, and turn the bolts about eight times each, lower truck back onto wheels and give it a bounce, then check measurement from the wheel rim at the top to the wheelarch lip. It should be a maximum of 15" if not, then repeat the process.
              Don't go any higher than 15" otherwise CV boot/joint wear will accelerate and the ride will be harsh.

Comment

Driven it again this morning and the ride seems somewhat better today. I guess its because now everything has settled and shuffled into place.
                The rear shock extension is probably too much for standard shocks so if you're going the Bushwhacker 3"-ish lift route I'd definitely recommend the longer shocks option.

Had a few positive comments this morning though, even though most of them did start with "f***'kin 'ell!"

So, will get four shocks on order next week, then the 2" body lift, then the manual hubs, then the roof lights, then...
                Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
                  Driven it again this morning and the ride seems somewhat better today. I guess its because now everything has settled and shuffled into place.
                  The rear shock extension is probably too much for standard shocks so if you're going the Bushwhacker 3"-ish lift route I'd definitely recommend the longer shocks option.

Had a few positive comments this morning though, even though most of them did start with "f***'kin 'ell!"

So, will get four shocks on order next week, then the 2" body lift, then the manual hubs, then the roof lights, then...

A body lift?
                  you'll need a set of these then!

Comment

A body lift?
                    you'll need a set of these then!
                    What exactly are you saying?!?!
                    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Working...
                    X