Lift completed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lift completed!

Thanks to Vince (Bushwhacker) for offering to come along and help, and then, well, basically doing the job single handed! What a top couple him and Mrs Bushwhacker are!

All that work for bacon butties, fuel money and a couple of pairs of very sexy boots!

Cant thank you guys enough

Will post pics tonight.
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Originally posted by Apache
    Thanks to Vince (Bushwhacker) for offering to come along and help, and then, well, basically doing the job single handed! What a top couple him and Mrs Bushwhacker are!

All that work for bacon butties, fuel money and a couple of pairs of very sexy boots!

Cant thank you guys enough

Will post pics tonight.
    I hope that's pics of sexy boots being modelled by Mrs.Bushwacker (don't bother with surf pics)
    Another member of the 'A' team

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
      Did Mrs B have anything? Nice to hear your sorted. Can't wait to see the pics.

Comment

Originally posted by MattF
        Did Mrs B have anything? Nice to hear your sorted. Can't wait to see the pics.
        HeHeHe I'd pay good money to see him in them
        Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Pics as promised. Sorry, none of Mrs B, you'll have to ask her...

Vince would be about 7ft high in some of our boots! What a sight...

We put 12 turns on the torsion bars to get the front up to about an inch lower than the back. Might take it up a bit further when I get the longer shocks. (Probably ES3000s)

The back *does* top out at the moment, so I'd say longer shocks are needed with this mod. I'll be changing mine for 2" longer all round anyway as mine are originals and the truck has 90k miles on it now.

Ride is quite firm, though not overly so. It's quite 'stuttery' at the back at the moment, but new shocks will probably quieten that down nicely.

Overall, worth doing. Body lift next

Comment

Look's good, got me wanting em now, i'll have to see what clearance i've
            achieved when i change my up & over garage door (this weekend all being well)

Comment

nice! do you want a manky sofa?
              it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by ian619
                Look's good, got me wanting em now, i'll have to see what clearance i've
                achieved when i change my up & over garage door (this weekend all being well)
                You could fit a roller shutter if you have 300mm dead space above opening!! that would give you extra room... only thing is it would prob cost more.. but you could also have it electric.....mmmmmm
                CHEERS JOHN................

Comment

looks good!!! whats the distance between top of your rim to the arch???
                  CHEERS JOHN................

Comment

Looks wicked.....

Can you post a detailed instruction with photo's on how to crank up the torsion bars please. I want to jack mine up a little when I get some new springs. BUT, I think I will just get the normal Surf ones, I don't want to jack it up too much as the girlfriend already has problems getting in it!!

Comment

looks good what lift hav u put on the back?

Comment

Originally posted by M35A2
                        Looks wicked.....

Can you post a detailed instruction with photo's on how to crank up the torsion bars please. I want to jack mine up a little when I get some new springs. BUT, I think I will just get the normal Surf ones, I don't want to jack it up too much as the girlfriend already has problems getting in it!!
                        Thats my problem as well as the garage door, i'd like to lift it and dump the side steps but my mrs would never get in, she has enough trouble now,
                        Dont have enough room for a roller door im afraid, it's gonna be millimeters as it is with the oneners's i made, pity though

Comment

Originally posted by slim
                          looks good!!! whats the distance between top of your rim to the arch???
                          13.5" at the front, 14.5" at the back, but these are 16" rims, so on a standard wheel add half an inch to each of those.

Comment

Originally posted by fraser
                            looks good what lift hav u put on the back?
                            It's 14.5" from top of rim to arch on a 16" wheel. They are Landcruiser springs. Vince (Bushwhacker) is your man for further info. He can also provide a kit of bits that you'll need for a lift like this.

Comment

Originally posted by M35A2
                              Looks wicked.....

Check out

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...ghlight=Apache

for Bushwhackers instructions on doing the lift using one of his kits. My god... I just posted a link before he did! He cant be back to the noodle mines yet.

Comment

Working...
                              X