X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh and I found a shed load of 4th gen pics too
    http://foto.drom.ru/5396/

Comment

I sold my 1998 3rd gen last week so I am thinking about buying a 4th gen.
      I'm in Ireland, so no sva to worry about.

Comment

Originally posted by Cmar
        If you want one I have a couple of contacts in japan, I'm sure they will source one for you.

Comment

Originally posted by andy
          If you want one I have a couple of contacts in japan, I'm sure they will source one for you.
          Andy,
          Are these contacts in the trade? It would be great to have someone overthere to handpick a really good one. Probably a bit cheaper than using the agencies too....

Cheers
          Ciaran

Comment

Originally posted by Cmar
            So could we not just import a load into Ireland and drive them over here on Irish registrations?

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho
              So could we not just import a load into Ireland and drive them over here on Irish registrations?
              Just what I was thinking. I'd be interested if it was legal .
              Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

I said way back that a 4th gen with a lift and decent tyres and rims would be nice looking.....

http://www.88house.net/215/lift_up.html (more pics)

I rest my case!

Lose the side steps, and a ARB or TJM front bumper and it'd perfect.
                4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
                  I said way back that a 4th gen with a lift and decent tyres and rims would be nice looking.....

http://www.88house.net/215/lift_up.html (more pics)

I rest my case!

Lose the side steps, and a ARB or TJM front bumper and it'd perfect.

And the make-up mirror off the front wing.

Comment

Nicer make up mirror than on my 3RD GEN !
                    Death rides a Black Horse

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                      And the make-up mirror off the front wing.
                      Yeah, those things annoy me, even on the 2nd gens, I've been trying to knock Linda's one off her truck when we go offroad, but the damn thing is well fixed on.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

The main one that I use comes from my home town in Sussex, he married a Japanese student and then moved over there, runs a company supplying a lot of the import dealers in this area, he's up front with all charges and has picked some nice motors for me.

I will Pm you his details if you want so that you can contact him, and then what he does is either ring you or email pictures of what is selling on the following day, can be 6am in the morning though(our time) as he goes through the list after he finishes work.

Comment

Originally posted by Linda
                          Just what I was thinking. I'd be interested if it was legal .
                          I just had a look. Apparently, for EU registered cars, you're allowed it for up to six months in any twelve month period so you'd have to timeshare with one of European cousins.

Booooooooo!

Comment

Originally posted by andy
                            The main one that I use comes from my home town in Sussex, he married a Japanese student and then moved over there, runs a company supplying a lot of the import dealers in this area, he's up front with all charges and has picked some nice motors for me.

I will Pm you his details if you want so that you can contact him, and then what he does is either ring you or email pictures of what is selling on the following day, can be 6am in the morning though(our time) as he goes through the list after he finishes work.
                            Sounds good Andy. If you send his details, I'll see what he can source.

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho
                              I just had a look. Apparently, for EU registered cars, you're allowed it for up to six months in any twelve month period so you'd have to timeshare with one of European cousins.

Booooooooo!
                              But, I think you can import a vehicle into the UK without SVA or type approval if it has previously been registered in another EU country (at least I think that used to be the case, not sure if it's still the same).
                              You often see jap imports driving near Dublin port on "ZZ" temporary reg plates, these allow a vehicle to be registered here on a temporary basis without paying any of the Irish duties (VRT)
                              Maurice
                              Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

Originally posted by Morr
                                But, I think you can import a vehicle into the UK without SVA or type approval if it has previously been registered in another EU country (at least I think that used to be the case, not sure if it's still the same).
                                You often see jap imports driving near Dublin port on "ZZ" temporary reg plates, these allow a vehicle to be registered here on a temporary basis without paying any of the Irish duties (VRT)
                                This is what DVLA say you need to import from the EU:

1a) The original European Certificate of Conformity
                                This is an A4 sized document, issued by the vehicle manufacturer, with either 38 or 51 numbered items that is vehicle specific
                                or
                                1b) The original foreign registration document and a Commission Notice letter from the vehicle manufacturer or authorized UK representative
                                Please note it must be the original registration document and not a copy. The Commission Notice letter compares your vehicle with the UK Type Approved specification (or its nearest equivalent). If you need to contact the vehicle manufacturer then VCA holds a list of contact numbers.
                                2) A written statement from the applicant confirming that the following items are fitted to the vehicle:
                                • That a fog light has been fitted to the rear offside, or centre line, of the vehicle.
                                • That the headlamps have been permanently adjusted to be suitable for use on the left hand side of road, namely that the beam is adjusted to dip left. Please note that stickers, beam deflectors and other non-permanent changes are not acceptable.
                                • That a speedometer has been fitted which is capable of indicating speed in both miles per hour and kilometres per hour, either simultaneously, or separately, by operation of a switch.
                                • That side repeater indicators have been fitted.
                                • That rear seat belts have been fitted. If they are not fitted because the car in question is a two seater you should mention this in your statement.
                                This statement should also confirm which of these items have been fitted as standard to the vehicle and which have now been changed to conform to the UK requirements. Where changes have been made we need to see the original garage receipts that relate to these changes.
                                3) Payment
                                Payment, per vehicle, is £65. This payment includes an application fee of £35.00 so in the event of you application being cancelled only £30.00 will be refunded.

So how difficult is it to get it legally registered in Ireland?

Comment

Working...
                                X