4th Gen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MattF
    If it was wearing a Merc badge, it would look okay.

For a Toyota, however, . Call me finnicky, but the Toyota beauty
    has always been the lack of beauty, so to speak. The fact that they look as if
    they can kick the cr&p out of anything. It looks naff.

Finnicky.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
      Finnicky.
      I really do hope my mis-spelling with two N's hasn't given it another meaning?

Comment

I wasn't referring to the mis-spelling, you said to call you finicky, so I did!

Comment

Originally posted by John h
          Wot? no diesel? did the japs phase out diesels on the later 3rd gens ?
          When the 4th gens were first launched in 2002 there was a 3.0 TD, a 2.7 I-4 petrol, and a 3.4 V6 petrol (same ones as the last 3rd gens, 3.0TD was intercooled and direct injection). Somewhere along the line they dropped the diesel (due to new polution regs I think), and replaced the 3.4 V6 with the 4.0 V6.
          Edit: The 2.7 seems to have been replaced with another newer 2.7 engine as well.
          Last edited by Rob; 19 September 2006, 20:13.

Comment

I wasn't referring to the mis-spelling, you said to call you finicky, so I did!
            Oh good. I was just double checking. You have a flair for making me suffer
            for minor mistakes.

Comment

There is at least one in UK.... but it's with US forces in Suffolk. I went and looked at it at the importers and actually (amazingly ) I liked it. I'm a staunch 2nd genner, but for a modern 4x4 it actually wasn't toooo SUV like. I asked about the price, but it hadn't had import duty paid and they could only sell to US forces. It was silvery white.

The SVA is the thing stopping the import of 4th gens to Uk at the moment. There has to be an initial set of tests and stats produced against which to judge future imports, and this has to be paid for (I believe its about £13k??)

So if you have unlimited funds and want one I guess you might be able to achieve it???
              Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

I tried couldnt find one (didnt look hard enough) so i got a good 3rd gen.
                THERES NOWT WRONG WITH SILVER Green Eyed Monster is rearing its ugly head
                (\__/)
                (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho
                  The prosecution rests m'lud/
                  get your eyes tested m8 they look $$$$ all like each other!
                  Powered by ????

Comment

Originally posted by RobD
                    get your eyes tested m8 they look $$$$ all like each other!
                    Well they both look like a giant robot's had a sh1t.

Comment

Here's some prices in Japanese Yen.......

http://www.japanvehicles.com/newcars...f2005/main.htm

Oh, and it looks like they're all petrol engines.
                      That makes the top of the range around £16K. Add about 50% for shipping, duties etc.
                      Brian

Comment

Obviously I have upset the hardline Surf pack Sorry about that but I am under pressure from she who must be obeyed (who scratched and creased my sisters Hummer last week!!) tree wot tree !? she thinks the older more 'refined' trucks are for me to use and a more modern 2000ish truck for her to go to school in (its a teacher thing) mind you she nearly tore the head off a tree hugger outside school last night ! so that was my idea , a4th gen , however as you guys have pointed out it would be far too expensive and difficult an old friend from Mildenhall checked it out for me (thanx for the idea Linda) the whole package would come in at 26k for a two year old in pale blue ! Adrian Flux insurance £895, I think I will get a second gen for my lad he has put his ticket in and after his present tour in taliban land he is going to be a trainee electrician

thanx for the feedback guys and gals
                        Death rides a Black Horse

Comment

[quote=Slugsie]I have to admit, that black one does look nice. Not so keen on the silver, something about the wheel arches just doesn't look right. Maybe if they weren't squared off and a bit more flared?

Wot like a 3rd Gen you mean?
                          Last edited by Ace Piker; 20 September 2006, 17:12.
                          Nil illegitimi carborundum

Comment

Originally posted by John h
                            Obviously I have upset the hardline Surf pack Sorry about that but I am under pressure from she who must be obeyed (who scratched and creased my sisters Hummer last week!!) tree wot tree !? she thinks the older more 'refined' trucks are for me to use and a more modern 2000ish truck for her to go to school in (its a teacher thing) mind you she nearly tore the head off a tree hugger outside school last night ! so that was my idea , a4th gen , however as you guys have pointed out it would be far too expensive and difficult an old friend from Mildenhall checked it out for me (thanx for the idea Linda) the whole package would come in at 26k for a two year old in pale blue ! Adrian Flux insurance £895, I think I will get a second gen for my lad he has put his ticket in and after his present tour in taliban land he is going to be a trainee electrician

thanx for the feedback guys and gals
                            I think the 4th gen is by far the best looking Surf,if I could afford one I would have one even if it meant paying 50% extra to import my own.I agree about the wheel arches looking not so cool,but that's only because the rest of the truck is a friggin work of art.Well done once again Toyota!