Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steering recall thumbs up

Surf Recall Update

After all the "horror" stories that I have read on the forum about the hassles that other members have had getting the steering relay changed, I thought I would have to give Toyota some praise where praise is due.

I took my truck into Lexus of Park Lane yesterday and was told that the work required would take two days. Late yesterday afternoon got a call to say that the work was complete and I could pick the truck up. No phone call saying that I needed to have this or that changed, just friendly and very efficient staff.
    Got to the garage this morning and the truck was ready and waiting all sparkling clean and shiny inside and out, they even cleaned the engine bay which still had mud all over it from the previous weekends green laneing.
    The mechy came out and explained what they had done and ran through the safety check point by point. (the only thing that was wrong is by fog lamp bulb has fused.)

All in all I was very impressed.

How did the greenlane day go ?
    www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Park Lane Lexus eh?

Did you call them straight off or go through Toyota GB? Mine could do with a bit of a clean....

Comment

The green lane was good but very overgrown and we scratched the vehicles quite badly. Even after T-cut colour polish some are still visible. But that is what I bought the Surf for so I can't complain.

I went through Toyota GB, all in all it took about a month from first making comtact to having the work done.

Comment

Originally posted by Camone
          The green lane was good but very overgrown and we scratched the vehicles quite badly. Even after T-cut colour polish some are still visible. But that is what I bought the Surf for so I can't complain.
          I Gave up t-cutting mine as most byways are overgrown , Where did you end up going ?
          www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

We did the route in South Wiltshire. Only saw about half a dozen other vehicles the whole time, not enough mud to get really dirty but was a good route.
            The Surf never missed a beat over the whole two days.
            Do you get those routes from a magazine or website?

Comment

he is at work now but as he lives right on edge of plain he knows the area quite well. never go out without woodzie in pocket
              Working at last.......

Comment

Originally posted by Camone
                We did the route in South Wiltshire. Only saw about half a dozen other vehicles the whole time, not enough mud to get really dirty but was a good route.
                The Surf never missed a beat over the whole two days.
                Do you get those routes from a magazine or website?
                Total off road , Its a monthly mag and covers all types of 4x4
                The road books are routes all over the uk
                http://www.magazine-group.co.uk/magazines.php?id=701
                www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

recall at last granted

hi all jus a quick post to let you know , i also qualify for the recall , going in on thursday 28 th.
                  asked about freebies e.g" bubbly DIESEL and a spick n span " this is ONLY AVAVILBLE TO UK SPEC TOYOTA'S" NOT " JAPAN OR IMPORT"
                  how come some of u have had the curtisy and some not ?
                  BUT they HAVE booked me a curisty car .yippie

cant win em all huh ?

i also was told at first phone call to uk toyota that mine was not in the recal list . on phonin the imports guy , then toyota agian all of a sudden it was on the list ... like magic .... like, dont be positive that its not untill u phoned a couple of times to make sure i think
                  zacco

Comment

Working...
                  X