No announcement yet.

a BIG thank you...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They're definitely bright now. Was it just naff bulbs, then?

Comment

Wiring loom perfect; lamps perfect; so yep must have been the bulbs.

I'm going to have to find a source for these IPF bulbs (they're great!) - anyone know one?

The full beam/dipped beam works fine as well but I won't really be using them much until we are back on the bush roads - they are a bit OTT for around town!

By the way, did you ever notice the bit on IPF lights that say that they must only be used when you're actualy moving? Must be as they get too hot otherwise. I looked up these lights n the web, 930's, and that's what it says there; said the same thing on the 800's I've got as well.

Since these arrived with their own relay block I've still got another relay, and wiring, all ready to go for spots to come on with my full beams - my wife will say I've gone kinky - but "I feel the need, the need for LIGHT!" to paraphrase someone in TopGun. (Was it baboon? Duck? Pidgeon?)
      @africa4x4cafe
      [url]www.africa4x4cafe.com[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by bundubasher
        I've just had my third power cut of the day and it's p!ssing me orf! Have to get a UPS or something...

Anyway, wired the spots but am not getting the juicy output I expected. On the H4's I just guessed; if you look at the back of the bulb with the 3rd pin to the top, I connected the red wire (iguess positive) to the RHS - am I wrong and is this the problem?

High spots: 2 x 130W - direct feed from accesories batt.
        Main beams: 2 x 60W - standard feed from starting batt.
        Low spots: 2 x 130W - direct feed from accesories batt.
        (Fog: 1 x 55W - direct feed from accesories batt.)
        you should run them via a relay as you could run the risk of burning your light switch and wiring out.
        john
        Surf.gone but not forgottendisco now gone aswell

Comment

Thanks for the reminder, I should have said:

Main beams: 2 x 60W - standard feed from starting batt via relay.
          Low spots: 2 x 130W - direct feed from accesories batt via relay.
          Fog: 1 x 55W - direct feed from accesories batt via relay

The only one without a relay are the high spots:

High spots: 2 x 130W - direct feed from accesories batt. and activated from a "kick" switch on the floor.

Now you've given my an idea: I'll wire them in using the "spare" high beam relay. I know it's not legal in the UK but when I get back I'll just disconnect them.

Thanks for pointing that out
          @africa4x4cafe
          [url]www.africa4x4cafe.com[/url]

Comment

Working...
          X