Which Shocks for Suspension Lift?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Shocks for Suspension Lift?

I'm almost ready to tackle a Suspension Lift, but was wondering what length shocks to get.

I will be getting the Landcruiser HDJ80 rear coils and one of Vince's Panhard Rod Drop Bracket sets to compensate for the extra lift.

I will be getting ES3000 shocks all round, but wondered whether I need the longer shocks for the front? I will be raising the rear by roughly 3" according to Vince, so I will need 2" lifted rear shocks, and I will be cranking the torsion bars at the front, but not straight away. Should I be getting the front shocks with a 2" extra length or just standard ones?

Cheers
    Dave
    Just Vegging Out

I would think ES9000's are what you need or look at the links on this thread http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...ad.php?t=26263
    www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

OK, but do I get standard length shocks for the front, or will I need lengthened ones because the overall height will be raised?
      Just Vegging Out

Comment

I've still got Toyota standard dampers on the front, as they will allow for 2" of lift anyway.

Comment

I raised mine last year 2" and kept standard shocks. but i hear a loud knock from the rear when i go over speed bumps - which i think is the rear shocks loosing travel on the extend stroke. may buy new ones all round.
          BTW - I recently lowered the front by 1" (now 1" lift) as I think the agressive angle on the front drive shaft caused my cv boots to split!
          looks more sporty now like a dragster!
          Everyone thinks I'm paranoid!!

Comment

Check your anti roll bar for the knocking noise, the standard rear shocks should be able to cope with +2" of lift.

Comment

Working...
            X