Bit advice guys .....please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bit advice guys .....please.

Any suggestions fellas??? Ive got a bit of a dilema,and wondered if i can get some ideas......

Ive got a nice surf,but Im trying to get it converted to a 6 or 7 seater,but with new seating laws,i dont know where i stand etc,....so my dilema is,shall i get rid of my surf? ....either sell it or swap it for something a little bigger,as i do need the extra space and seats...or just go ahead and get it converted regardless of whats going on....??????

Appreciate any help on this one guys,as i cant decide what to do,if i cant get it converted,as per the laws new legislations etc, it has to go ,very soon,so it will be a very cheap surf available,for some lucky so & so.......

thanks in advance,for any suggestions...

Originally posted by stevenbrown36
    Any suggestions fellas??? Ive got a bit of a dilema,and wondered if i can get some ideas......

Ive got a nice surf,but Im trying to get it converted to a 6 or 7 seater,but with new seating laws,i dont know where i stand etc,....so my dilema is,shall i get rid of my surf? ....either sell it or swap it for something a little bigger,as i do need the extra space and seats...or just go ahead and get it converted regardless of whats going on....??????

Appreciate any help on this one guys,as i cant decide what to do,if i cant get it converted,as per the laws new legislations etc, it has to go ,very soon,so it will be a very cheap surf available,for some lucky so & so.......

Personally i would keep the surf and get it converted if the extra 2 seats are occacional.
    If they are regularly used then id go for a landcruiser (uk spec as better mpg than imports).

If you do get the surf converted by a proper company they should know all the relivent laws and comply with them. If you get pulled up for the conversion then you will have some comeback with the company if they havent adheared to the latest legislation.
    BEWARE OF THE REAPER

Comment

thanks john..

Thanks John...appreciate the advice,but still not 100% what to do,???? cant really afford a landcruiser at the moment xmas fastly approaching with 3 kids etc....but thanks again for your comments....cheers...(if i won the lottery,however!!!)

Comment

As I understand the new laws, as long as the new seats are front facing, and have proper approved seat belts you should be fine. About the only things they mention are no-nos for rear seats are if they're side facing (like the early Discos) then they're not suitable for child seats/booster cushions.

Look here for full details. Specifically point 15 (and maybe point 14). Like Grimreeper says, if you get them fitted by a professional company, then they should be able to advise you on how to be within the law etc.
        Paul </Slugsie>
        Immortal.so far!

Comment

I had the same sort of dilemma and just recently bought a pajero sorry if i have offended any body by saying that word but she indoors must be obeyed.
          I have tried to get the mrs to keep the surf as well and to get rid of her ford focus but she wont wear it.
          I'm dissapointed to be saying bye bye to the surf but as soon as the kids leave home I'll be trading back right in for a surf
          Cheers
          Jon
          Originally posted by stevenbrown36

Comment

Working...
          X