Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T-Belt & Mileage Problem

Hi

I have a 1992 LN130 2.4 Surf and my T-Belt light recently illuminated at 120,000kms. Through the various posts on here I thought that it should come on at 100,000 intervals, but I spoke to a man at Toyota and he reckons it could be at 60,000km intervals. I am thinking that my surf may have been 'clocked' and it might have done 200,000kms. Has anyone else had their T-Belt light come on at 60,000kms? How can I check if the speedo has been clocked?

Thanks in advance for any help.
    [font=Comic Sans MS][i][size=+3][color=red][b]Paul[/b][/color][/size][/i][/font]

[b][size=+2]1992 2.4TD SSR-X AUTO[/b][/size]

Paul

It depends on when you surf was sold at Auction in Japan , if it was after 01/01/02 you will be able to check it with http://www.bimta.org/mileage.htm , cost is £17.62 inc Vat to have it checked,the vehicles that have been clocked will be done after they leave the auctions and before they are sold here,not pointing any fingers but I have seen vehicles that have more than 100,000 extra on the clock,none of them have been mine I hasten to add,I buy my Surfs direct from auction so that nobody has chance to tamper with them.

Let us know what the result is when it's been done.

Comment

Originally posted by The Griff
      Hi

I have a 1992 LN130 2.4 Surf and my T-Belt light recently illuminated at 120,000kms. Through the various posts on here I thought that it should come on at 100,000 intervals, but I spoke to a man at Toyota and he reckons it could be at 60,000km intervals. I am thinking that my surf may have been 'clocked' and it might have done 200,000kms. Has anyone else had their T-Belt light come on at 60,000kms? How can I check if the speedo has been clocked?

It should come on at 100K kms (about 62K miles). so the chances are that the car has been clocked at some point and is actually more like 200K kms. If the clocking has been done properly then there is probably no way to check without old documentation. It's an old wwives tale that you can tell a clocked car by when the numbers don't sit straight. Thats only if it was done badly.

Cheers

Comment

Hi

man at Toyota reckons it could be at 60,000km intervals. I am thinking did he used to work at quick-fit, 100,000km or 60,000miles is when the light should come on, may be the clocks have been out for something simple like a bulb change and the button was pressed accidentally, whats the wear like on the interior, seats, wheel, carpets, pedal rubbers, gearshift etc,
        [font=Times New Roman][size=3]
        [size=5][/size]
        [/size][/font][font=Times New Roman][size=3][b][i][color=blue]I[/color][color=royalblue]a[/color][color=deepskyblue]n[/color] [color=blue]トヨタの[/color][color=royalblue]波92 のssr[/color][color=deepskyblue][color=royalblue]-g[/color] 擁護者[/color][/i][/b][/size][/font]

Comment

Does anyone have a manual or something that states the correct T-Belt illumination intervals?
          [font=Comic Sans MS][i][size=+3][color=red][b]Paul[/b][/color][/size][/i][/font]

[b][size=+2]1992 2.4TD SSR-X AUTO[/b][/size]

Comment

Does anyone have a manual or something that states the correct T-Belt illumination intervals?
            it's 100,000 Km (60,000miles)
            it says so on my cam belt cover
            nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

To reiterate what everybody else has said and to answer your question - "I have the engine manual" and it states 100000km interval for the timing belt.

As for the indicator light it is operated by a counter in the clocks that counts to 100000 as the odometer (I think that's what it's called!) goes round. So either someone reset the counter (Button under the rubber bung in the clockface) as Gemini said at 20000km or it has counted to 200000km as Lucky mentioned.

As for the guy at Toyota he was probably confused with miles - dumbass!

If life's an uphill struggle then downhill from now on can't be that bad?!

Comment

maybe your belt was changed at 20k,mine had a sticker on it to say it had been changed at 21k.the belts have a shelf life of about 4 or 5 years i think,before they recommend changing them in japan.so if your,like mine was a low miler,but around ten years old,that could be why.of course i could be talking rubbish,but that was what i was told by an importer of these vehicles.i think all in all the japanese are an honest lot,maybe thats why none of these cars come into the uk with immobalisers fitted?

Comment

i think all in all the japanese are an honest lot,maybe thats why none of these cars come into the uk with immobalisers fitted?
                  They probably nick the immobilisers, en route, while they are being clocked.
                  It's only a hobby!

Comment

Originally posted by kitesurf_phil
                    They probably nick the immobilisers, en route, while they are being clocked.
                    no one pinches cars in japan, thats why none of them has an alarm or immobiliser fitted
                    [font=Times New Roman][size=3]
                    [size=5][/size]
                    [/size][/font][font=Times New Roman][size=3][b][i][color=blue]I[/color][color=royalblue]a[/color][color=deepskyblue]n[/color] [color=blue]トヨタの[/color][color=royalblue]波92 のssr[/color][color=deepskyblue][color=royalblue]-g[/color] 擁護者[/color][/i][/b][/size][/font]

Comment

Working...
                    X