Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We changed the timing belt......

Hello,

Linda and I changed the timing belt on the truck this afternoon, saving us muchos poundos.

Truly 9/10 on the scary scale when starting the engine after reassembling, even though I had turned the engine by hand before fitting all the cr*p back on.

No problems at ALL.

Used the engine to crack the bottom pulley nut. Bottom pulley tapped off with small lump hammer in about 20 seconds!!!! Couldn't believe it. (I don't believe it! Victor Meldrew).

Commence 12.30, finish 5.30. Been to the pub to test it, had a pint (or two) as you must. Me happy as the proverbial sand boy.
    Another member of the 'A' team

good work guys have one for me too
    Enjoying Life after Cancer
    Pops

Comment

Well done mate
      Roger

My Pointer ate the dog trainer

Comment

well done,any bruised knuckles.
        www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by vatchman
          well done,any bruised knuckles.
          Hello,

Yeah - missing quite a bit of knuckular skin - as they say 'blood, sweat and tears' (no tears though).

Cuts in hands now filled with engine oil - I actually look like a miner (and me being the original Valley Boy and all that)

Actually Mark (Vatchman) and all the others on this site (too numerous to mention (Tony N, Chillit (it's in me shed)) etc, et al, ...........

If you can do it - so can I!

Comment

Originally posted by The Lovely Boyo
            Hello,

Actually Mark (Vatchman) and all the others on this site (too numerous to mention (Tony N, Chillit (it's in me shed)) etc, et al, ...........

ok, i can do this.....
            it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

It's the WE bit I admire the most. It's hard to get Karen to wash her own motor let alone help fix it. It's obviously a LINDA thing!!
              Brian

Comment

Well done mate, welcome to the no nuckle club
                If it aint broke dont fix it

Comment

Originally posted by The Lovely Boyo
                  Hello,

Yeah - missing quite a bit of knuckular skin - as they say 'blood, sweat and tears' (no tears though).

Cuts in hands now filled with engine oil - I actually look like a miner (and me being the original Valley Boy and all that)

good on yer.thats what i like to see someone who not afraid to get stuck in,well done to the both of you.trouble with me is i spend to much time thinking of the worst that could happen,and then spend loads more time trying to think of the best way to do it.
                  www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt
                    ok, i can do this.....
                    That pole's holdin you up! nice bit of trick photography that, mate
                    Well done TLB and better half, There's hope for me yet

i also spend too much time thinking about it and useually find a reason not to do it
                    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by Panrixx
                      It's the WE bit I admire the most. It's hard to get Karen to wash her own motor let alone help fix it. It's obviously a LINDA thing!!
                      If I do anything to the truck without her she gets really stroppy - big time.

The bigger the job - the bigger the strop.

Couldn't have done the body lift without her, she really did cut the bonnet for the intercooler (well, some of it), and I'll post pics of the pile of stuff from the air con removal project we just finished - did I mention that?

Anyway, it's a Linda thang

Comment

Working...
                      X