lsd vs rear locker.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lsd vs rear locker.

now the truck is nearly on the road,i would really like to have some fun offroad with it.(two wheel drive i hear you say.dont do it.) ok so i might get in to trouble with it.but what i would like to know is would i be better off getting a rear locker,if so where do i get one and how hard are they to fit.or do i just stick with what i have lsd.
    www.overfab.uk

Have a read of this Mark........http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...light=spanners

Comment

i think it would be pants offroad in mud etcin 2wd! - too light at back
      even with a locker

ive found 4runner rubbish in snow in 2wd mode, unless boot full of stuff to weigh it down (even with mud tyres)- think of BMW's in snow/mud!
      ive sat on farm in mud with both rear tyres spinning before on easy terrain, but pull transfer lever into 4wd and it moves again!
      Landcruiser Colorado
      Sub. Forester

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
        ah.on the ball as ever eh,vince.nice one matey,looks like ive got loads of reading to do,cya in about five days
        www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by andycook
          i think it would be pants offroad in mud etcin 2wd! - too light at back
          even with a locker

ive found 4runner rubbish in snow in 2wd mode, unless boot full of stuff to weigh it down (even with mud tyres)- think of BMW's in snow/mud!
          ive sat on farm in mud with both rear tyres spinning before on easy terrain, but pull transfer lever into 4wd and it moves again!
          mmm.i know the truck is a hell of a lot lighter now,i was kinda thinking swamp boggers ,lower tyre pressures and a locker just to help out,but i dont know if any of the advantage of a locker over lsd in my case,i know what they both do but what is better.
          www.overfab.uk

Comment

Have you spoken to Tony about his old V8 pick up he was running a Borg Warner auto box with a Toyota transfer box on the back to keep it 4wd . I know you have stripped the front running gear out , but it maybe worth thinking about a while later once you have run the Surf for a while .
            Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Originally posted by Vagrant No2
              Have you spoken to Tony about his old V8 pick up he was running a Borg Warner auto box with a Toyota transfer box on the back to keep it 4wd . I know you have stripped the front running gear out , but it maybe worth thinking about a while later once you have run the Surf for a while .
              good point rick,with a bit of luck he may see this thread and reply,buy the way has anyone seen or heard from tony lately.
              www.overfab.uk

Comment

Working...
              X