Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FAO: Bushwacker

Your PM box is full...

Kit turned up today. Must say, I'm well impressed, looks like a quality set of parts. Not sure when I'll get a chance to fit it though as I'm still waiting on some coil spring compressors (local place let me down, so picked a set up on ebay today).

Thanks again.
    Paul </Slugsie>
    Immortal.so far!

Originally posted by Slugsie
    Your PM box is full....

Oooh! aren't I the popular one!

Glad you happy mate, did you get the right springs yet?

Comment

No, not yet. Not sure wether to try the blue ones out and see what they're like or not. I usually carry getting on for 100lbs of gear in the back anyway. However if they'll prevent the axle articulating properly off-road then it's probably best to get the right springs.

I was also considering cutting the springs down just a little (maybe a loop) to get a bit less than the full 3inch lift.
      Paul </Slugsie>
      Immortal.so far!

Comment

I have the standard black springs, and my two dogs together add up to around 100lbs, when they're moving about in the back of the truck, all wound up about going for a run, the truck is moving about a bit, so the springs have some movement but no noticable drop in height.
        I think the blue uprated springs would be like having solid blocks fitted, and you'll be making your dentist very wealthy!

Comment

Oh dear. Just spoken to Milners, and it appears that the blue 20% stronger ones are the only springs they stock now. I think I'll try fitting them and see how it works. I may take out the anti-roll bar which should help matters (and articulation) a bit.
          Paul </Slugsie>
          Immortal.so far!

Comment

Have you tried calling your nearestToyota dealer and asking for springs for a HDJ80 Landcruiser? as they will be standard springs.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
              Have you tried calling your nearestToyota dealer and asking for springs for a HDJ80 Landcruiser? as they will be standard springs.
              Nah, that would be sensible, obvious, easy, and surely not the right thing to do.
              Paul </Slugsie>
              Immortal.so far!

Comment

OK, just got off the phone with my local Toyota Dealers (Harry Feeney in Blackpool). Chap in the parts department was very helpful, if a touch confused that I wanted LC springs, but didn't have a LC. Had a bit of a hard time tracking down the exact springs that I wanted. Of course, not having the proper vehicle doesn't help, and a '94 LC HDJ80' doesn't really work with their parts system. Managed to narrow it down to about 60 possible part codes, all roughly the same price......

Are you sitting down.....

£137!

EACH!!!!!

PLUS VAT!

OK, not going down that route.
                Paul </Slugsie>
                Immortal.so far!

Comment

Good god! does that include fitting? How hard is it to understand when someone asks for rear springs for a Landcruiser HDJ80?????

OK the next step is to PM Dogbook, as he was getting longer springs made up, and may have a suppliers address for the standard L/C springs.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                    Good god! does that include fitting? How hard is it to understand when someone asks for rear springs for a Landcruiser HDJ80?????

OK the next step is to PM Dogbook, as he was getting longer springs made up, and may have a suppliers address for the standard L/C springs.
                    It appears that each variation had different springs, and they all had different load capacities. Oh, and fitting would be extra!

OK, look out DogBook!
                    Paul </Slugsie>
                    Immortal.so far!

Comment

http://www.coilsprings.co.uk/index.html

I love the off road springs section.
                      Last edited by MattF; 15 September 2006, 20:31.

Comment

Working...
                      X