No such thing as a free lunch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No such thing as a free lunch

Whoever said that was dead right, my wife qulified for a "warm front" grant to replace our old combi boiler, we've only been waiting for six months for it to be done (no boiler) and the bloke arrived today to replace it (iguana heating)
    instead of running the flue up through the existing liner he's knocked a new hole and run it directly up, dont know if regs require this now or not, Buster started barking at around 11.00 pm and i went to the kitchen to find a waterfall comeing down in the cupboard under the boiler and buster barking at it, ran upstaires and it's pi$$ing in down around the flue, Rain water not a plumbing leak as i first thought, i got up on the roof in the dark and rain with a torch and could'nt believe the f**fing way this c**t has fitted the flue plate, we got a flat roof BTW, he just s$$$$ped the shingle away and pumped mastic around the plate and "screwed" it down, Surely their supposed to be sealed down with hot pitch, the cieling is down in the cupboard and i'm haveing to stay up all f**king night with a mop, it's also run along and comeing through the bedroom ceiling and the liveing room,
    I tried umteen roofing firms all of which advertised 24hr emergancy service and only two answered and they could'nt do anything till morning, also my house insurance and after listing to some cr@p music for ten minuits she say's there's f**k all they can do as it's down to the installer, I give up,
    all this aggro for a grant, i should have bought a condenser and fitted it my self, corgi or not, i could have made a far better job of it than this w@nker,
    That registration aint worth a toss, christ knows i've installed enough boilers in the past, and seen plenty of work carried out by regestered installers that i'd be ashamed to admit was my work if i had done it, oh well major rant over,
    is the tw@t at iguana gonna get a gob full in the morning, it's a good job there in newcastle and not within easy reach of me
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

ladies and gentleman...

the FULL RANT!!

fell sorry for ya mate, if its newcastle under lyme then i can pop down and fire bomb them for ya!
    TeaM BOFA4x4 Mac 2008

www.bofa4x4.com

Comment

So you are having a few doubts about the quality of the workmanship then. Is that it?

Sympathies to you,

Bogus
      Сви можемо

Comment

sorry to hear that Ian.There are so many cowboys out there now that all the good guys are getting tarred with the same brush now at no fault of their own.
        I think in your case the cowboys ran off and the bandits came in.Hope you get it sorted soon tho
        https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Sorry to hear about your water problem there m8!!

I hate it when people call there selfs professionals then they do jobs like that, how can legislation back so called governing body's to say that these people are proficient in there trade area's it baffles me...
          CHEERS JOHN................

Comment

I'm a qualified gas engineer and also a builder, the trouble is that a lot of gas engineers dont know anything about building which causes this sort of problem, most of the time the flue is just put out through an external wall which is about all they know to do so when it comes to flashings etc they are f$$ked.
            He needs a good kick in the boll*cks.
            Good luck on getting it sorted mate
            If it aint broke dont fix it

Comment

Originally posted by ian619
              Whoever said that was dead right, my wife qulified for a "warm front" grant to replace our old combi boiler, we've only been waiting for six months for it to be done (no boiler) and the bloke arrived today to replace it (iguana heating)
              instead of running the flue up through the existing liner he's knocked a new hole and run it directly up, dont know if regs require this now or not, Buster started barking at around 11.00 pm and i went to the kitchen to find a waterfall comeing down in the cupboard under the boiler and buster barking at it, ran upstaires and it's pi$$ing in down around the flue, Rain water not a plumbing leak as i first thought, i got up on the roof in the dark and rain with a torch and could'nt believe the f**fing way this c**t has fitted the flue plate, we got a flat roof BTW, he just s$$$$ped the shingle away and pumped mastic around the plate and "screwed" it down, Surely their supposed to be sealed down with hot pitch, the cieling is down in the cupboard and i'm haveing to stay up all f**king night with a mop, it's also run along and comeing through the bedroom ceiling and the liveing room,
              I tried umteen roofing firms all of which advertised 24hr emergancy service and only two answered and they could'nt do anything till morning, also my house insurance and after listing to some cr@p music for ten minuits she say's there's f**k all they can do as it's down to the installer, I give up,
              all this aggro for a grant, i should have bought a condenser and fitted it my self, corgi or not, i could have made a far better job of it than this w@nker,
              That registration aint worth a toss, christ knows i've installed enough boilers in the past, and seen plenty of work carried out by regestered installers that i'd be ashamed to admit was my work if i had done it, oh well major rant over,
              is the tw@t at iguana gonna get a gob full in the morning, it's a good job there in newcastle and not within easy reach of me

If it was a grant job, then the contractor should be registered/authorized to carry out any work with a local authority/council building works.

Good luck Ian, give 'em hell!

Comment

Their regestered alright we checked em out before hand and they looked like a reputable company, their add made me laugh, it shows two professional installers with logo's on their tops and some smiling t*at of a supervisor looking on, we got a dithery old c**t on his own who did'nt seem to know what day it was let alone boiler instalation, caught him several times during the day just standing there scratching his head, i provided him with tea and coffie plus lunch and he does this to us, as you can see from the pics simon took this morn he might as well have stuck chewing gum round the plate, the new boiler is saturated so they can take that out, god know's what damage it's been caused that might show up in the future, i got a right belt when i pulled the plug on it last night as it was wet plus i was standing on a wet carpet so i guess i'm lucky to be around, Their supposed to have been here at 11am and no sign of em yet! it aint stopped raining either man am i pi$$ed off,

Last edited by POPEYE; 14 September 2006, 12:31.

Comment

If they're registered, then you can claim compensation. Carpet, decoration, stress. Lets hope their public liability insurance is up to date too!

(I mean, electric shock!!! and you with a heart condition! nudge, nudge, wink, wink.)

p.s. A boiler should be wired into a fused spur anyway, not a plug.

Comment

That goes well beyond any level of cr&p or shoddy. Give 'em hell mate.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                      If they're registered, then you can claim compensation. Carpet, decoration, stress. Lets hope their public liability insurance is up to date too!

(I mean, electric shock!!! and you with a heart condition! nudge, nudge, wink, wink.)

My heart my heart It made me bl00dy jump,
                      In fairness to the old **** he put it on a plug so we could have hot water lastnight and the electriction was comeing friday to hard wire it and fit the room stat and he mention'd something about flash band for the flue, i thought he ment to flash around the flue and liner joint, but im thinking he was just gonna stick it round the plate which still would'nt have sealed it, it needs hot
                      pitch running around there, i'd have been better off going in dept to british gas and have it done properly
                      At least it's taken my mind off the atf

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER

No it doesn't have to be wired into a spur, as a lot of new boilers come with a fixed plug but must be protected by a 3 amp fuse unless the boiler is mounted in a bathroom when it must be wired into a switched fused spur at ceiling height.

But that so called flashing cowl is a real abortion, it should have a lead collar round it then felt and hot bituman moulded around to create a long lasting seal.
                        Last edited by Wild Thing; 14 September 2006, 16:45.
                        If it aint broke dont fix it

Comment

[QUOTE=gary16163]No it doesn't have to be wired into a spur, as a lot of new boilers come with a fixed plug but must be protected by a 3 amp fuse unless the boiler is mounted in a bathroom when it must be wired into a switched fused spur at ceiling height.QUOTE]

But isn't a plug fitted so that the plumber can test the boiler?

Comment

never mind that ian what you doing about your atf ??
                            Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Originally posted by joker??
                              never mind that ian what you doing about your atf ??
                              HeHe i'm gonna get a 5lt can tomorrow and just change it, and charge it to iguana sod the messing about,
                              they came back this afternoon and did a better repair with some flashband and a tin of black sticky $hit, and got i got a proper roofer comeing first thing in the morn to do it properly, insurance dont want to know, the AA for yer
                              think were gonna have to go to a solicitor about all this,

Comment

Working...
                              X