New toy arriving on Friday!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New toy arriving on Friday!

I needed a better car than the old Rav for work. So I have ordered a Mazda RX-8 to fulfill the duty. I collect it on Friday and can't wait, 230bhp here I come and all from a 1300. A slightly different drive from the Surf! Must remember not to put diesel in it....or for that matter rev the Surf to 9000rpm! The fuel consumption is worse than the Surf though, but who cares, it will make me think the Surf economical.

The best of both worlds methinks.
    Parts of your engine go up, stop then go back! Mm!

A guy 'round the corner from me has one in gunmetal metallic, looks gorgeous.

zoom zoom.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
      A guy 'round the corner from me has one in gunmetal metallic, looks gorgeous.

zoom zoom.
      Cheers, mine's Gunmetal (well Grey really) all the pics on the net of that colour are the PZ ones that have been "prodrived" the dealers wern't doing deals on them and I couldn't quite stretch to one

Comment

Mmmmmm!

Comment

oooooo I love a good w@nkel!!

an engineering masterpiece! It's nice that in todays world of faceless car manufacturing, there is still the odd one thrown up that has something entirely different. Who needs pistons when you can have a twin rotary engine eh!

Just make sure you keep the servicing up to date! Whereas a normal engine may have a few hundred moving parts, the w@nkel has about 40, so intheory less to go wrong. However if they do go wrong (which they did in the rx7, don't think so much in the rx8), it often goes wrong big time!

sorry i'm waffling on, just love those engines!! glad you got the more powerful version too!

Mart
          Just trying to raise my postcount!

Comment

we had a test drive in one of these .. very fast . a good ride . .
            couple of points that put us off tho .
            price for one
            and those stupid doors .
            nick 1 step in front of you

Comment

Hmmm.

What about cashing in both for a Landcruiser ???? Better car still !!

Comment

Isn't this the oddball that you have to top up the oil every other fill up, otherwise big bang !!
                Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Indeed the engine has only 4 (not 40) moving parts and they did have a fairly poor rep in the 80's for not lasting much over 80k miles. Hopefully they have now solved that but if they haven't it wont be my problem by then!

Yes Mazda do advise checking the oil every 2nd fillup this is because 1. oil is forced into the rotor tips to stop them packing up after 80k miles and 2. because the engine has a very small oil capacity in any case. Once anyone has driven it then these small foibles can be forgiven.

I like the Landcruiser and one of them is on the cards for serious consideration when the Surf goes to the car lot in the sky. The trouble is if I had one of them the Mrs would sulk cos she would have nothing to drive around in!

Comment

Engine specs on here W ANKEL ROTARY ENGINE http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=$$$$el+engine&m eta=
                    (\__/)
                    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                    (")_(")

Comment

i love the both the rx7 and the rx 8 they are great cars
                      however i do like the rx7s more i plan on importing a fd rx7 for next years project
                      but a freind and i did up a 1988 fc.3s rh import for a fun driftting racecar
                      it got about 380hp a wide body kit and 13 inch wide deep dish rims in the rears and 10" in the front
                      heres a pic of it

Comment

Well I've had it a week now, been trying to get some miles on it so I can give it some beans and really try it out. So far I LOVE it, I have even washed it twice in the week! I go off shooting with the lads in a couple of weeks and the Landy is bust at the moment so I have to persuade Wifey to swap the Surf for the RX for the weekend...ooohh that wont be easy!

Comment

Working...
                        X