Milners Rads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Milners Rads

On Saturday Morning had the nice surprice of spotting a puddle under the Surf, removed bash plate and dropped the the ac rad to find one radiator peeing out water.

Phone call to Milners to be told " it's 16 months old out of warranty" informed them that this rad was not only leaking, but had fallen apart, as I was due to go to Oxford for two days had to find a replacement then. I got a new rad for £129.75inc from a small shop in Ilford, East London, this is a lot cheaper than milners and is a better rad that fits better.

Phoned milners today who have offord me £60 + vat as its out of warranty, not sure I'm happy with this as it works out £5.90 per month.

Does anyone else expect a rad to last no longer than 16 months and to pay £5.90 a month for rads?

I've told them I will cosidrer this offer but that I'm not happy, piccys attached what do you think

Tony
    Last edited by Puppywalker; 12 January 2007, 22:32.
    www.puppywalker.co.uk

I think your right to be unhappy with the compensation offered, for a radiator to look like that after 16 months is appalling. Have you shown the pictures to Milners?
    Bunkle
    Fox Hunting is Dangerous

Comment

Theoretically, radiators should last almost as long as the vehicle, providing that vehicle is well maintained.
      It looks as though you were sold a poorly re-conditioned rad from Milners, and I would expect at least 75% of your money back.

Comment

The rad in my 1985 1st gen looks in better nick then that one, and its at least 5 years old and been covered in mud several times off roading . Not good enough offer for that rad of a recon quality . Frame should not fall apart liike that.
        Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

thats not good at all... my heap of junk lada's rad is better than that!
          Tim
          Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

The thing is, it comes with a twelve month warranty, 16 months is + 33%, I think the offer is fair, considering their obligation ended at 12mths.
            Whats the cost of a genuine one ? I bet they dont give more than 12mths either.
            Side mounts are the new top mounts !

Comment

i think its a liberty and i would be right $$$$ed have you mentioned that you are a member of this forum ??
              and yes i would expect to last a lot longer than 16 months
              Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Originally posted by javars
                The thing is, it comes with a twelve month warranty, 16 months is + 33%, I think the offer is fair, considering their obligation ended at 12mths.
                Whats the cost of a genuine one ? I bet they dont give more than 12mths either.
                Difference being that an item should be of suitable quality for it's intended use
                from day one. If that radiator is in that condition after 16 months, that was never
                of a suitable quality for its intended use.

Comment

Originally posted by MattF
                  Difference being that an item should be of suitable quality for it's intended use
                  from day one. If that radiator is in that condition after 16 months, that was never
                  of a suitable quality for its intended use.
                  However, If it had failed within the WTY period, Im sure it would have been replaced, you pays your money & all that !
                  But then £80 + vat is cheap for a rad that lasts 16mths.
                  Last edited by javars; 12 September 2006, 18:14.
                  Side mounts are the new top mounts !

Comment

However, If it had failed within the WTY period, Im sure it would have been replaced, you pays your money & all that !
                    No its not because I would not buy a rad that would only last 16 months as the labour involved makes it very expensive, I bought this as a new rad not recon and expect a longer life than 16 months.
                    It also came apart, not develope holes, this is not wear and tear this is unexceptable goods, nothing i could have done or failed to do could have made the rad react in this way.
                    I now intend to offer milners the opportunity to pay for the new rad which was a deal cheaper than theirs, so saving them money.
                    www.puppywalker.co.uk

Comment

I'm not being argumentative, honest. A rad, whether recored or new, should
                      literally last as long as the Surf has left in her. £80-00 quid ain't cheap when
                      approx. £150 or less will get you something to last the vehicle.

Comment

Originally posted by tonytom
                        No its not because I would not buy a rad that would only last 16 months as the labour involved makes it very expensive, I bought this as a new rad not recon and expect a longer life than 16 months.
                        It also came apart, not develope holes, this is not wear and tear this is unexceptable goods, nothing i could have done or failed to do could have made the rad react in this way.
                        I now intend to offer milners the opportunity to pay for the new rad which was a deal cheaper than theirs, so saving them money.

Seriously? they sold that as a NEW rad?

In that case, I would expect a full refund or a replacement radiator at least, regardless of the length of time it's been on your truck. It was clearly not fit for the purpose for which it was sold for. Sale of goods act and all that.
                        Any reputable company would see this as a failure to supply an item fit for it's purpose and rectify the situation, for fear of people taking their custom elsewhere.

could someone help me down from this soapbox now?

Comment

they seem a good bunch there, i would post em the rad so they can see how bad it is(its no use to you anyway..) and see what they offer you once they have seen it. just a thought, if you needed some nice shiny spotlights or anything you may get a greater value of goods than you would get in real money... good luck!
                          it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                            Seriously? they sold that as a NEW rad?

In that case, I would expect a full refund or a replacement radiator at least, regardless of the length of time it's been on your truck. It was clearly not fit for the purpose for which it was sold for. Sale of goods act and all that.
                            Any reputable company would see this as a failure to supply an item fit for it's purpose and rectify the situation, for fear of people taking their custom elsewhere.
                            could someone help me down from this soapbox now?

Yes mate £140+vat off their web site

and Chillit

Yours ideas
                            "they seem a good bunch there, i would post em the rad so they can see how bad it is(its no use to you anyway..) and see what they offer you once they have seen it. just a thought, if you needed some nice shiny spotlights or anything you may get a greater value of goods than you would get in real money... good luck!"

tried that and was told I'm lucky they offered me £60+vat as it's out of warranty and don't bother sending it back as they are not interested in condition as it's out of warranty and thats it

I now feel it's time to start shouting

Comment

charlie
                              tried that and was told I'm lucky they offered me £60+vat as it's out of warranty and don't bother sending it back as they are not interested in condition as it's out of warranty and thats it

I now feel it's time to start shouting

__________________[/QUOTE]
                              ah, in that case i'm inclined to agree with you!
                              it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Working...
                              X