New laws on child restraints in cars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New laws on child restraints in cars

Just a heads up for everyone so you are prepared. From next week (Monday 18th September) the laws on child car seats are changing.

Full details can be found here.

Quick note for anyone who read the article about this in the Mail, it's wrong on several points.
    Paul </Slugsie>
    Immortal.so far!

Originally posted by Slugsie
    Quick note for anyone who read the article about this in the Mail, it's wrong on several points.
    Well there's a surprise...
    Peter

I am not a number. I am a FREE MAN!

Comment

what a load of bollox!!!!

just had a read through of it, and its ok not to have a proper child seat in a taxi, or even in a police car (obviously cos police cars are never in car crashes!). I know this is cos it would be totally impractical, but isn't it a bit impractical if someone is taking their kids and their kids freinds to a party or to the football, will they have to fill the car with booster seats?? It's be a better idea to get on the bus, cos they don't even have seat belts and that doesn't seemt to be a concern for the big Ladyman MP!!

Another good reason for me and the wife not to have kids!

Mart
      Just trying to raise my postcount!

Comment

Originally posted by B16mts
        Another good reason for me and the wife not to have kids!
        i don't have kids but got 3 different kiddie seats in the garage for friends kids!...

rear facing baby one
        forward facing toddler type one
        and one that's supposed to last up to 11yrs, but it doesn't break down ito a booster seat so i guess i'll be off out to get one of them soon!

have to scrounge around a bit if i take more than 1 to find seats that fit the back of the surf!
        nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
          i don't have kids but got 3 different kiddie seats in the garage for friends kids!...
          Be honest Matt , its so you can pull single mums when theres no bridesmaids about .
          Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Originally posted by Vagrant No2
            Be honest Matt , its so you can pull single mums when theres no bridesmaids about .
            Sssshhh!!

don't let the mother-in-law know my pulling techniques!!
            nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Working...
            X