No announcement yet.

Driving without due care and attention!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Driving without due care and attention!

Hey there Everybody,

I wuz wunderin where to source an original A-bar from as I like the look of the one I had until my missus has stacked our Surf into the back of a Nissan Patrol at a roundabout on Friday, damaging our dark-silver/grey bumper as well!! Think she must've been puttin some Philadelphia on her crackers or something - cos she couldn't have been looking where she woz going! LOL!

Anyway, I don't want a massive chrome thing, just a normal toyota a-bar - know any places that do 'em? Any advice or help would be much appreciated cos I have searched the net with no joy. Are they even available in the UK as a part?

I am newbie Surfer and have a KNZ130 3.0TD SSRX-LTD which looked well nice until this happened!

Hope you are all good and ya motors are running well. Looking forward to my first winter in the Surf. Bring it on!!!. Not really had a chance to look around this forum much, but what I have seen is great. Will have to learn to use it better and more often.

Cheers all, LockyB

Originally posted by LockyBalboa
    Hey there Everybody,

I wuz wunderin where to source an original A-bar from as I like the look of the one I had until my missus has stacked our Surf into the back of a Nissan Patrol at a roundabout on Friday, damaging our dark-silver/grey bumper as well!! Think she must've been puttin some Philadelphia on her crackers or something - cos she couldn't have been looking where she woz going! LOL!

Anyway, I don't want a massive chrome thing, just a normal toyota a-bar - know any places that do 'em? Any advice or help would be much appreciated cos I have searched the net with no joy. Are they even available in the UK as a part?

I am newbie Surfer and have a KNZ130 3.0TD SSRX-LTD which looked well nice until this happened!

Hope you are all good and ya motors are running well. Looking forward to my first winter in the Surf. Bring it on!!!. Not really had a chance to look around this forum much, but what I have seen is great. Will have to learn to use it better and more often.

Cheers all, LockyB
    Hi Locky Have a look in the parts for sale section and on ebay you can often get them on there
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Iain, you can have my old one, the only problem is, that it's painted satin black and I haven't got the cross bar that says TOYOTA on it.

p.s. welcome on board.

Comment

Hi Locky B & wellcome you'll get lots of on the best Forum &
        yer only get Bigger & better............

There's Always a Payback.... You just can't see it Comin !!!!
        Buncefield Burner

Comment

Thanks for the advice (and the offer of the satin one Bushwacker!) . I will have to keep on looking.

If I was to get an aftermarket bull bar, do they fit on the same mountings as the original bar, or do I have to get handy with my drill?
          Can anyone recommend one that is chrme and doesn't rise up too far over the bonnet?

After all, I may need to put something on the front if she gets back behind the wheel! LOL!

Comment

These use the existing mounts...http://www.toyotahilux.com/index.php?doc=11&cid=216

Comment

Cheers Vince - I've had a look at these down at Roughtrax. I think the 3" ones are a bit too "bling" for me...I'd have to get a set of spinners to match!! I am still considering the 2.5" bar as well, but I think I may take a look at these before I decide....

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HI-LUX-SURF-AN...ayphotohosting

...it appears these people are based in Newport (how convenient!!) and have a warehouse near Spytty. This bar looks a little more like the original in terms of height.

Does anyone else like this type of bar? Or is bigger most definately better? There does seem to be quiet a demand for original surf a-bars in good nick....

Comment

Cool!

I wonder where they got the idea for these then

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d..._promot_widget

Comment

Hehehe...looks good with those on! Did you add those yourself? That is one clean Surf!! Looks good with the lift at the back. Are those Grabber AT2 tyres? I'm going to have to invest in a set of new shoes for my Surf soon and am considering those as recommended by some other Surf-ers. Need to have good grip as tow a horsebox through muddy fields, see!

Comment

Originally posted by LockyBalboa
                    Hehehe...looks good with those on! Did you add those yourself? That is one clean Surf!! Looks good with the lift at the back. Are those Grabber AT2 tyres? I'm going to have to invest in a set of new shoes for my Surf soon and am considering those as recommended by some other Surf-ers. Need to have good grip as tow a horsebox through muddy fields, see!

I got my roof rails off a crashed Peugeot 406 estate from the sc rapyard off Chepstow road, two years ago for £20. I had to remove them myself though.
                    My tyres are Colway C-trax mud terrains, 31/10.5-15 £42 each.

Comment

Well...looks ace with those bars, I must say!

Comment

Working...
                      X