ifs hubs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ifs hubs.

i have removed the front axle and drive shafts,which has left the hole in the front hubs here the splines go,from the cv joint.does anyone know if its ok to just put a plate over the hole thats left.or is any modification needed.
    www.overfab.uk

HELLOOOOOOOOO.IS THERE ANYONE OUT HERE.are you just ignoring me or have i stumped you with that question.
    www.overfab.uk

Comment

I can't give you an answer, 'cos my driveshafts are in the way.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
        I can't give you an answer, 'cos my driveshafts are in the way.
        well take them out and have a look for me if you would vince. im pretty sure ive seen it in a thread somewhere,but can i find it,can i eckers,looks like i might have to give big tony a pm.
        Last edited by surfenstein; 12 September 2006, 20:59.
        www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by vatchman
          well take them out and have a look for me if you would vince.
          you would of thought Vince would of had a link for you Vatch
          https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce1067
            you would of thought Vince would of had a link for you Vatch
            thats what i though stormy.but like you said earlier he must be loosing his touch
            www.overfab.uk

Comment

I'm cutting down on the amount of posts, it's getting a bit embarrassing.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                I'm cutting down on the amount of posts, it's getting a bit embarrassing.
                excuses excuses,there's nothing embarrassing about helping people Vince
                https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

theres no need to feel embarressed vince.were all adults on here.well most of us.
                  www.overfab.uk

Comment

I presume if all the front axle has gone... diff, drive shafts, front prop... etc... should it make any difference if you plug the hole on the inside of the upright... probably not... only issue might be if you then wade... and its not sealed... 'cos water and grunge will get real near the bearings... mind you, without it being sealed... grunge could still get in there...

why not try and source some 2wd front uprights... would those fit?

Comment

ah now thats a good idea, .ive stuck 87mm diameter stainless steel plates over the hubs using silicone sealant and then peened the outer gaiter seal over the plate.im pretty sure it will hold,but i just wondered if this is the right way of doing it.
                      www.overfab.uk

Comment

Hubba, Hubba!!

hehehe!! geddit? hub?.......................... .......no?.......I'll get me coat!

Comment

Working...
                        X