Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear Window Again!

Hi All

Yep I have checked the search button but can't find anything...

Got a problem wiht the rear window.... its completely stuck, about half way up...

I have had the tailgate cover off but cant for the life of me see how to get at the mechanism

Have taken off the carpet cover - the metal cover underneath... the plastic and thats as far as i can get...

I am fairly sure the motor is gone... fo now i would be happy to just disconnect it and push it up or down by hand when needed... just getting it all the way up would be a bonus..(no sarcastic comments please ) any help appreciated

Joe
    Paranoid? They're out to GET YOU!

Hi Joe you will have to get the window right up in order to get the motor out.As a fix you can swap the motor with the rear passenger door motor.I think there a 3 10mm bolts you need to undo to get the motor off
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce1067
      Hi Joe you will have to get the window right up in order to get the motor out.As a fix you can swap the motor with the rear passenger door motor.I think there a 3 10mm bolts you need to undo to get the motor off

cheers for that mate... will swap the motors over... any suggestions on how to get the window up though... can't get to the bolts that hold the glass in place and can't move the window at all

Comment

You need to detatch the motor form the mechanism to be able the move the glass by hand. See pick.....

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
          You need to detatch the motor form the mechanism to be able the move the glass by hand. See pick.....

Cheers vince..

Will have a look in a min..

Comment

Have you.....

Tied to seperate and reconnect the multi-plug on the left side of the tailgate, these are prone to corroding and simply pulling apart and re-connecting sometimes cures temporarily the fault.

It is a good idea to use silicon lube or similar on the guide rubbers to as dirt creates extra friction and loads up the motor. Check also to ensure that you have a good power supply to feed the motor
            Last edited by The Mechanic; 10 September 2006, 14:13. Reason: Additional info.

Comment

rear window

Mine is working fine.. But is it possible to lubricate the glides without taking anything apart...what if I spray silicon lub each side of the window and put it up and down a few times.. in the hope of getting it into the guides... ??

Back in the day Baby

Comment

i recently took mine apart with the arms that move the window level, so the window was around half way up.

If you want to lube it all it also best to lube the runners that have a wheel where the regulator arms push it up and down.

Just drop the tailgate, close the latches then you can move the window....bu be carefull not to over extend it as the glass wobbles about alot
                3.0 TD SSR-X LTD 1994 Black, sold and passed MOT

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce1067
                  As a fix you can swap the motor with the rear passenger door motor.I think there a 3 10mm bolts you need to undo to get the motor off
                  Hello Sormforce, does it matter what side rear passanger door window moror you use...Left or Right hand, or are they both the same?
                  I like Orientals

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby Doc
                    Hello Sormforce, does it matter what side rear passanger door window moror you use...Left or Right hand, or are they both the same?
                    its the n/side you can also get one from the passenger door off of a corrolla

Comment

and Celicas and MR2s of the same vintage.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                        and Celicas and MR2s of the same vintage.
                        red or white ......... dry or sweat

Comment

Sparkling!

Comment

nutters
                            Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

i had the same thought. spray half a can of lube all up the side of the window in the hope it will run down, and keep using the window up and down... lasted a few weeks.. :S
                              Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Working...
                              X