Which one

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which one

The first two pic's are the trooper intercooler i eventually got of ebay, dissapointed, it's in a bit of a state, some damage to the finn's and a tube and covered in $hit and spider's web's, had a go at the **** i got it from, only got it as it was square and i thought may be esier to fit but i think i'll go with the one Jotto sent me, off a mitzi L200 (i think) it's practically new!, I was thinking about cutting of the spigot (last pic) and making a suitable hole in the flat part so it's faceing downward then getting it welded on and a blanking plate over the remaining hole, not sure about this, ie thickness of alloy where the new hole would be, getting someone to alloy weld it, just trying to minimise the no of silicon elbow's and stuff i'll have to get, also due to it's size and shape, wether to mount it cross ways or long ways, (Thinking of the scoop i'll need), It'll have to more or less fit in the scoop as i'm not lifted and dont intend lifting it, also want to fit the largest fan that will fit in the scoop as well, So i might have to make my own scoop, Possibly out of fibre-glass if i can make a decent plug to get a mold off, Any idea's / input would be helpfull, Cheer's Ian
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Just side mount it Ian, Its only a few hours work & easy with no body lift
    Side mounts are the new top mounts !

Comment

Originally posted by javars
      Just side mount it Ian, Its only a few hours work & easy with no body lift
      That would be ideal only i just fitted the vents on each side (right in the way) so i'm looking to fit it in the center,
      Glad to hear you goy your manifolds sorted BTW

Comment

IAN As ive got a factory fitted one i cant comment but some of the other 2.4 guys have so go with their recomendations
        (\__/)
        (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
        (")_(")

Comment

Hi Mark, Yeah i've been looking at the other guys fitting methods etc and have a good idea of what i want to do, just tryin to visualise a long scoop as opposed to a wide one, might make a rough model of both and see how they look, plus i would like to keep the pipeing as short as poss, ain't had much of a chance to play with it due to Buster and the garage doors etc, Did you get the email ok Ian

Comment

Originally posted by ian619
            Hi Mark, Yeah i've been looking at the other guys fitting methods etc and have a good idea of what i want to do, just tryin to visualise a long scoop as opposed to a wide one, might make a rough model of both and see how they look, plus i would like to keep the pipeing as short as poss, ain't had much of a chance to play with it due to Buster and the garage doors etc, Did you get the email ok Ian
            Yes IAN pond story was funny
            have a look here mate http://search.ebay.co.uk/search/sear...e=search&fgtp=
            Last edited by marky; 9 September 2006, 20:32.
            (\__/)
            (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
            (")_(")

Comment

Working...
            X