recall... again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• recall... again...

Just been down to pinkstones toyota in stoke, and asked them about the recall work. they just booked me in for the 21st, no questions asked, no problems.

quite impressed!!
    TeaM BOFA4x4 Mac 2008

www.bofa4x4.com

Make sure....

They know how to separate ball-joints My dealer gave a cock and bull story about the pitman arm ball joijnt being siezed into the steering link....for christs sake thats what the taper seat fitting is supposed to do...with the correct method or right ball joint breaker its not a real problem. So you ask them if they anticipate any 'ability' problems

Comment

recall

hi lads and lasses
      found out about this recall last week got in touch with local stealer booked in for the 14th they said it should only be in for a couple of hours. they said something about the steering but still not sure exactly what they are going to change, anyone got any info.
      cheers johnno
      15 years in shiny club, lovely

Comment

Mine goes in at 8am tomorrow, I'll be driving about in a roller skate all day, at least I won't be able to watch the fuel gauge going down.
        Laugh!!! I nearly bought my own beer.

Paul

Comment

Just collected the truck back from the recall work, all nice and shiney and clean inside as well.
          They had also done a safety check and the guy at the reception said all is ok but just keep an eye on your rear tyres, I thought, strange, but didn't look at the report till I got home.
          Guess what! minimum tread depth 8.6mm Whhhhaaaattt.
          Thats probably more tread than any of the brand new cars they have in the showroom.
          Laugh!!! I nearly bought my own beer.

Paul

Comment

Originally posted by geordie john
            hi lads and lasses
            found out about this recall last week got in touch with local stealer booked in for the 14th they said it should only be in for a couple of hours. they said something about the steering but still not sure exactly what they are going to change, anyone got any info.
            cheers johnno
            I took mine into west riding toyota, it took them 3 days but they have replaced the steering rod (it goes from the pitman arm accross to the other side of the car) car was nice and clean outside but they didn't clean the inside there is some lucky so and so's here!
            Bring me the head of a treehugger

Comment

I took mine in to Rayleigh Toyota 19 July and it's still not been done. The cowboys have conned Toyota in to paying for my AC to be upgraded from R12 to whatever the replacement is, before they start the work. I'm still waiting for them to confirm the date when they are doing the work.
              Perhaps if I went there with a horse the response would have been better.

Comment

Working...
              X