yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2inch body lift.. what do i need to make??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2inch body lift.. what do i need to make??

got nearly everything ready now for the cruiser springs and torsion bar set up. and have access to all the toys to make my body lift blocks. but what do i need to knock up??

any advice much appreciated
    TeaM BOFA4x4 Mac 2008

www.bofa4x4.com

ten 60mm x60mm spacer blocks and associated bolts.bolts are different lenghts but cant remember what size i used to do mine,best thing to do is remove bolts and remember where you took them out from and add 70-80mm to the lenght.hope this helps.
    www.overfab.uk

Comment

nylon or aluminium?? ooo decisions lol

any idea if they are 10 or 12 mm bolts mate??
      TeaM BOFA4x4 Mac 2008

www.bofa4x4.com

Comment

m12. i used steel billet.
        www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by andrewlee31
          got nearly everything ready now for the cruiser springs and torsion bar set up. and have access to all the toys to make my body lift blocks. but what do i need to knock up??

any advice much appreciated
          I used 50mm (2") x 45mm nylon blocks. worked fine with m12 bolts, but not sure of the length. make sure you have some rad drop brackets and when doing the body lift u will have to trim the tunnel around the gear shift. also where the steering column passes through the bulk head you will have to remove the seal and trim out so the column doesnt catch on the bulk head then redrill and fix the seal. Another mod is to the steering column length....either by fitting a spacer to the bottom flange or by pulling out one of the splines and recutting the bolt slot. if doing the spline option its better to slightly extend 2 splines than to do it all on one.
          Lastly take care when jacking the body up and dont jack up more than needed to fit in the new blocks. Watch out for the clutch hose as it can pull tight.
          BEWARE OF THE REAPER

Comment

this has bolt sizes and a how to guide as well... http://www.toyotasurf.asn.au/techsite/bodylift.htm
            it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

great stuff, time to order the bolts... from work lol
              TeaM BOFA4x4 Mac 2008

www.bofa4x4.com

Comment

Working...
              X