does my bulge look big in this.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• does my bulge look big in this.

well i got bored this afternoon so armed with the disc cutter,i went and did a vince.http://s86.photobucket.com/albums/k113/vatchman/ tell me what you think guys.too much or just right.
    www.overfab.uk

How can you keep that as a street sleeper ......OH NO this trucks going to get BLINGED
    www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Yeah baby yeah!!

I may have to do that to mine. I fitted my intercooler today (yes those silicone elbows finally arrived) but I still need one and a half inches of clearance. The 'cooler is squashed up into the scoop with the bonnet shut.
      I did have a blast up the road with it fitted though, and wow, I noticed the difference straight away, and I could hear the turbo whistlin' and whooshin' excellent.

So it's gonna be either a body lift, or a taller scoop......hmmmm

Comment

a bit smokey and the bandit for me but comes down to personel choice i would rather keep whats under the bonnet a suprise for all the boy racers out there
        I HAVE FOUND JESUS he was behind the sofa

Comment

Originally posted by Woodzie
          How can you keep that as a street sleeper ......OH NO this trucks going to get BLINGED
          no its not thats it i promise,i had to do it the air cleaner needed the clearance,oh and the four inch lift .but thats all.
          www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
            Yeah baby yeah!!

I may have to do that to mine. I fitted my intercooler today (yes those silicone elbows finally arrived) but I still need one and a half inches of clearance. The 'cooler is squashed up into the scoop with the bonnet shut.
            I did have a blast up the road with it fitted though, and wow, I noticed the difference straight away, and I could hear the turbo whistlin' and whooshin' excellent.

So it's gonna be either a body lift, or a taller scoop......hmmmm
            why not do both vince.
            www.overfab.uk

Comment

Mmmmmmmm V8

Comment

If I didn't have the two small vents on the sides of the bonnt, I would have done my bonnet similar to this....http://go.jeep-xj.info/HowtoBonnet.htm

With the scoop in the middle of it.

Comment

Originally posted by vatchman
                  no its not thats it i promise,i had to do it the air cleaner needed the clearance,oh and the four inch lift .but thats all.
                  You are excused then ....Does the new air filter have lots of chrome
                  www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Originally posted by Woodzie
                    You are excused then ....Does the new air filter have lots of chrome
                    yea its an elderbrock pancake filter.yummy
                    www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                      If I didn't have the two small vents on the sides of the bonnt, I would have done my bonnet similar to this....http://go.jeep-xj.info/HowtoBonnet.htm

With the scoop in the middle of it.
                      ooooh.now thats nice vince,mine kinda started off like that at the drawing board,but you know how thing develop.i was going to go for a fibre glass scoop but they wanted loads of money for a small scoop.so did it this way instead.
                      www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by vatchman
                        ooooh.now thats nice vince,mine kinda started off like that at the drawing board,but you know how thing develop.i was going to go for a fibre glass scoop but they wanted loads of money for a small scoop.so did it this way instead.

I'm still gonna give it a go, a second hand bonnet can be had for around £40 and I've plenty of sheet metal taking up wall space in the garage.

Comment

yeeee.haaa.go for it vince.
                          www.overfab.uk

Comment

Mark,

Tell me more about that V8. What size is the engine? Fuel injected? Does it sound good or does it sound good???
                            Last edited by M35A2; 8 September 2006, 21:49.

Comment

Originally posted by M35A2
                              Mark,

Tell me more about that V8. What's size is the engine? Fuel injected? Does it sound good or does it sound good???
                              this engine started life in an sd1 vittesse.it was originaly of 3500cc high compression.around 190bhp with hot wire fuel injection.i got bored with it so i put the engine in a cortina mk5.needless to say it went like sh*t off of a shovel.but got bored again.so the engine was removed and a 4.9 ltr stroker kit fitted. this consisted of a fully lightened and balanced bottom end,forged shot peened con rods and powermax pistons.This takes care of the bottom end,the heads are stage three vittesse heads,ported gas flowed matched ports,bigger valves,uprated valve springs,the valves have been ceramic coated,stainless steel valve guides.with rhoads solid lifters and steel pushrods.the cam is a tornado two,with cloyes timing gear and chain,running mallory optical ignition,fueling is via a 390cfm holley four barrel carb and uprated power valve, this sit on an offey dual plane 360 inlet manifold with matched ports,and all this did exit through two four branch exhaust manifolds,but i had to dump them coz they didnt fitin the surf. power when dyno tested in the cortina was around 350 bhp at the flywheel.this was also coupled to a nitros oxide fogger kit ,around 100bhp extra..so all in all over 400bhp.and now its sitting in the surf.coupled to an uprated c63 auto trans.
                              Last edited by surfenstein; 8 September 2006, 22:24.
                              www.overfab.uk

Comment

Working...
                              X