new to surfs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new to surfs

hi i'm new to surfs. i'm buying a ssr 2.4td g89 manule. everything about it is ok. it's done 80,000 miles which i don't think is to bad. as i'm new to them my only concern is that there is a weird noise when i turn to full lock, please could someone tell me what this could be as i don't want to buy something thats gonna cost me a lot of money later on.

any help would be greatful.

Hi, The noise is the steering stops. They have plastic caps on them that wear away after a while and you get metal to metal contact which makes the noise. Just dab on a blob of grease to the part shown in the yellow circle in the pic.

Comment

Originally posted by sledge
      hi i'm new to surfs. i'm buying a ssr 2.4td g89 manule. everything about it is ok. it's done 80,000 miles which i don't think is to bad. as i'm new to them my only concern is that there is a weird noise when i turn to full lock, please could someone tell me what this could be as i don't want to buy something thats gonna cost me a lot of money later on.

any help would be greatful.
      Hi, sledge, welcome to the nut house.

If it's a graunching noise it's your Bump Stops, it will cost you a blob of grease to fix it

Trev
      Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Hello

I am new too

My steering wheel makes a funny noise, but Tony is going to fix it

Comment

Originally posted by SassyT
          Hello

I am new too

My steering wheel makes a funny noise, but Tony is going to fix it
          If it goes 'beep' when you press the middle bit, that's normal

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho
            If it goes 'beep' when you press the middle bit, that's normal

Comment

welcometh: thumbsup:

Comment

thanks guys. just one more question if it's not the bump stops what else could it be????

Comment

thanks guys. just one more question if it's not the bump stops what else could it be????
                  If it's a scr.aping/graunching noise on full lock whilst the vehicle is moving, it's
                  the steering stops. It sounds a lot worse than it is whilst your in the vehicle. If
                  it sounds like something else, try to give an indepth description of the sound.
                  Also note that the above picture only shows one of the steering stops. There
                  are actually two per front wheel, the one in the picture and another one at the
                  rear side of the wheel. Both need doing per side, a total of four.

Comment

Check its not in 4WD as this is only to be used on loose surfaces NOT TARMAC as Damage will Occur
                    (\__/)
                    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                    (")_(")

Comment

Working...
                    X