Installed JDM Field Monitor in my 3rd Gen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installed JDM Field Monitor in my 3rd Gen

Hello everyone. Just thought I'd show you a few pics of my lastest mod on my '02 4Runner here in the USA. I got a Field Monitor from a friend in the New Zealand area who pulled this unit out of a Surf while in a stay in Japan.

With a help from a few friends, I was able to get this unit wired properly and it works great!

It's really cool to see the green bars start scrolling once the vehicle starts moving.

(The first 2 pics don't do the Field Monitor justice on how bright the display really is, b/c I was taking the pics at night and the flash on my camera was over powering the display on the Field Monitor)

Picture of the Barometer reading:

Picture of the Altimeter reading:

Night shot:

For more information on my install, check out my original write up on Yotatech.com: http://www.yotatech.com/f2/hilux-sur...77/#post984468

Last edited by Rock Slide; 4 February 2008, 04:13. Reason: updated pictures
    2002 Toyota 4Runner Sport 4WD

top toy! was it lots of hassle to fit?
    it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

I thought all 4Runners have them as standard. Mines a 1996 and its got one. I suppose US is a big country, so possibly you would like to know if heading North South etc, personally not too bothered wether i am 10ft or 20ft above sea level.
      PHilip
      Still Searching,
      Dick Whittington

Comment

Originally posted by Philip
        I thought all 4Runners have them as standard. Mines a 1996 and its got one. I suppose US is a big country, so possibly you would like to know if heading North South etc, personally not too bothered wether i am 10ft or 20ft above sea level.
        PHilip
        what about 20ft under water ?

Trev

Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt
          top toy! was it lots of hassle to fit?

The "fit" itself was painless. It fit as though it belonged there. Bolted up perfectly. The tricky part was figuring out how to wire it up. That and running all the wires is what took some time. Alot of splicing, tapping and soldering wires took place.

Originally posted by Philip

Unfortunately they did not.

I know for a fact not one US 4Runner ever came with a Field Monitor neither standard nor as an option. I'm not 100% sure, but I believe not one Canadian or South American 4Runner came with one either. (Who knows Toyota's logic behind this.) You can go to any US Toyota dealer and ask them about a Field Monitor and they just sit there and stare at you. They have no idea what we are talking about.

And yeah, I cannot see a real benefit to having a Field Monitor in a 4Runner, but is sure is awesome to know me and only a few other guys have ever successfully installed one in a US 4Runner! The field monitor is just a cool gadget to have.
          2002 Toyota 4Runner Sport 4WD

Comment

Originally posted by Rock Slide
            Hello everyone. Just thought I'd show you a few pics of my lastest mod on my '02 4Runner here in the USA. I got a Field Monitor from a friend in the New Zealand area who pulled this unit out of a Surf while in a stay in Japan.

With a help from a few friends, I was able to get this unit wired properly and it works great!

It's really cool to see the green bars start scrolling once the vehicle starts moving.

(The first 2 pics don't do the Field Monitor justice on how bright the display really is, b/c I was taking the pics at night and the flash on my camera was over powering the display on the Field Monitor)

Picture of the Barometer reading:

Picture of the Altimeter reading:

Night shot:

Hey that looks good, it was nearly that hot here yesterday !

Comment

Hey guys, I'd love to see this write up, but I am unable to read your thread in Yotatech as the site blocks ip's from outside countries. Any chance you guys could copy the write up into here???

Comment

Originally posted by Wheelbarrow74 View Post
                ..............the site blocks ip's from outside countries.
                Really? We can view the site OK.

Can you read this link?......
                http://www.yotatech.com/984468-post1.html

Comment

Working...
                X