Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paint on car sills and door

Can anyone help please?
    Some local bl**dy hoodies decided to do a spot of painting on the road where i live.
    The wife didn't see this till last minute and now has paint platted up the sills and door of her 03 punto.
    Does anyone know how to get this gloss off or does it need a re-spray??
    Thanks
    Kev.
    Regards
    Kev.
    2.4 black beast

Blimey....

I'm surprised the Hoodies had the intelligence to be able to get the lid off the tin.

Seriously, you need to try and identify the type of paint that they attacked your car with. If your car is metalic with a clear coat the try a small area with turps. If this has no effect on the offending paint then its going to be VERY careful use of either gunwash or paint thinners, your best bet is to check with youe insurance company about any possible claim they may accept on your behalf....check your no claims provision first....A trip to a good bodyshop may prove your best bet, they might give you more helpful advice
    Last edited by The Mechanic; 7 September 2006, 11:10. Reason: spelling

Comment

Thanks for the help,
      Yes the car is metalic silver, ill try the turps thing first this week-end.
      Regards
      Kev.
      2.4 black beast

Comment

Originally posted by falconer
        Thanks for the help,
        Yes the car is metalic silver, ill try the turps thing first this week-end.

I wouldn't wait for the weekend I'd catch it while its still relatively fresh, much better chance of it shifting.
        Laugh!!! I nearly bought my own beer.

Paul

Comment

Working...
        X