ADD and auto hubs??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ADD and auto hubs??

I have changed 7 or 8 cv boots over the last 6 years and have finally had a gutsfull of doing it! I was given a set of automatic (not manual) hubs off of a Hilux to try on my 1990 Surf with ADD, however after fitting them and doing a few wheelspins on loose gravel, I am pretty sure the front wheels are not driving.Yes, it was in 4wd! Is there something I am missing here or have I stuffed it up? Thanks in advance for any help.

Toyota auto hubs have a reputation for being $hite, I'd go manual hubs anyday. the autos may need rebuilding if they arn't working at all.

Is the ADD still working? you wont get drive if its not, no matter what hubs you have. most people lock it on after fitting hubs, as its usually broken and the reason for changeing to hubs to save cost. but doesn't really matter if you leave it if its working.
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Okay, the hubs may be a bit crappy,

What I would like to happen is the half-shafts not turning 100% of the time, to reduce the number of CV boot changes.

Comment

Yeah, thats the reason for fitting them, but it sounds like they aren't working and enguaging 4wd when needed, you may have a duff set, or something missing out of them. Personally I'd junk the autos and fit manual hubs, but I can scan rebuilding the autos and parts pages if you wanna stick with them.
        4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Working...
        X